Bat Wing Issue

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

After getting back from a nice drive I had parked the Murcielago and was in the "shut down" process and a family member accidentally disconnected the battery as the bat wings were closing. Now they will go up, but won't close all the way down. I tried running them up and down several times with no luck. Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

To close them all the way I just hold the button down, then turn the ignition (but do not start it) and hold the button in until it goes all the way down.

Only question is, how do I keep them up ?

when I first got the car they were always in the half up position, and 1 hit of the button and they went all the way up and stayed up until I parked.....and when I parked they resumed to hlad open again.

If I want them in the open position, is there a trick to kinda lock them open ?

I cant find anything in the owner's manual on this LOL

What's a "shut down" process ? Driving season over ?

No, the shut down process is when I get back from a drive. Back into the garage, make sure it is parked perfectly, shut down, disconnect battery, battery tender back on, and then I am done.

To close them all the way I just hold the button down, then turn the ignition (but do not start it) and hold the button in until it goes all the way down.

Only question is, how do I keep them up ?

when I first got the car they were always in the half up position, and 1 hit of the button and they went all the way up and stayed up until I parked.....and when I parked they resumed to hlad open again.

If I want them in the open position, is there a trick to kinda lock them open ?

I cant find anything in the owner's manual on this LOL

Start engine and push button to extend wings.

when fully extended turn off engine and very quickly, before wings start to retract turn off the battery disconnect switch. (this is easier done with two people)

turn battery disconnect back on.

Wings will always be in the up position, be careful not to let people push on them as a plastic clip can break and they will flop around.

To reset to automatic follow above post about cycling the ignition switch and holding the wing button.

No, the shut down process is when I get back from a drive. Back into the garage, make sure it is parked perfectly, shut down, disconnect battery, battery tender back on, and then I am done.

Never disconnected the batterie on any of my cars, didn't know that was done.

Really? They have been selling these quick disconnect for many years for people with occasional use cars so their battery doesn't go dead.

http://www.quickcable.com/products.php?pageId=335

Nice that Lambo put these in the Murci's from the factory.

Interesting, I've owned Lambos now for over 10 years don't drive them that often and never had a batterie issue, maybe I just got lucky or they don't sit undriven for long enough.

I am too lazy for disconnecting the batterie every time I get home from a drive so I wouldn't do it regardless but wouldn't a batterie disconnection reset everything in the car?

Fortis, the Murci/LP6x0 series have a "kill switch" in the engine bay (as did the Diablo's). Open the engine bay cover, flick the switch and it disconnects the electrical. Good for those who store their cars during winter (while connected to a battery tender). The G, AV & H don't have the kill switch anymore. You are lucky that you get to enjoy your bull for the majority of the year. Some of us aren't as fortunate as we have ice & snow in the winter which can last for months. I installed one of those quick disconnect device in my CT that Stimpy mentioned.

Start engine and push button to extend wings.

when fully extended turn off engine and very quickly, before wings start to retract turn off the battery disconnect switch. (this is easier done with two people)

turn battery disconnect back on.

Wings will always be in the up position, be careful not to let people push on them as a plastic clip can break and they will flop around.

To reset to automatic follow above post about cycling the ignition switch and holding the wing button.

Thanks !!

I thought this question was gonna set for a while , I am a newb, you guys know your stuff LOL

I joined other forums, none come close to being as informative as this site. Good stuff :)

Fortis, the Murci/LP6x0 series have a "kill switch" in the engine bay (as did the Diablo's). Open the engine bay cover, flick the switch and it disconnects the electrical. Good for those who store their cars during winter (while connected to a battery tender). The G, AV & H don't have the kill switch anymore. You are lucky that you get to enjoy your bull for the majority of the year. Some of us aren't as fortunate as we have ice & snow in the winter which can last for months. I installed one of those quick disconnect device in my CT that Stimpy mentioned.

Lucky in did :icon_thumleft: I can not stand cold and snow LOL