Need advice on header install in Los Angeles and wheel sizing

Yufeng

Hello, new user here. I recently obtained a LP-570 and am really looking into installing IPE headers. The only thing holding me back is I was quoted by the dealership at a ball park price of $8500 to pull out the engine which is required from my research to install headers. Would any of you guys know of some shops in LA that you would trust to take out the engine and be able to put it back in with no issues? I've narrowed my list down to VF engineering and SP engineering but I'd definitely like to know if theres any other shops I should look into. In the end, I might just take it back to the dealership because I know they'll get it done in the time frame I want and they'll do it right. I'm aware this exhaust setup could be very expensive but it's a price I can deal with to have the most insane sounding gallardo.

Onto my next question. I want to go with aftermarket 19x9 and 19x11 wheels to bring the tire flush with the body and have the ability to run 255/35/19 and 325/30/19 R888s. I already calculated the diameters and it's within 2% of factory diameter difference so the diff will be fine. My question would be what is the offset that would make it even with the body?

Thanks in advance

-Yufeng

Hello, new user here. I recently obtained a LP-570 and am really looking into installing IPE headers. The only thing holding me back is I was quoted by the dealership at a ball park price of $8500 to pull out the engine which is required from my research to install headers. Would any of you guys know of some shops in LA that you would trust to take out the engine and be able to put it back in with no issues? I've narrowed my list down to VF engineering and SP engineering but I'd definitely like to know if theres any other shops I should look into. In the end, I might just take it back to the dealership because I know they'll get it done in the time frame I want and they'll do it right. I'm aware this exhaust setup could be very expensive but it's a price I can deal with to have the most insane sounding gallardo.

Onto my next question. I want to go with aftermarket 19x9 and 19x11 wheels to bring the tire flush with the body and have the ability to run 255/35/19 and 325/30/19 R888s. I already calculated the diameters and it's within 2% of factory diameter difference so the diff will be fine. My question would be what is the offset that would make it even with the body?

Thanks in advance

-Yufeng

Ragin Bull in Costa Mesa. 255's on the front will rub.

Ragin Bull in Costa Mesa. 255's on the front will rub.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually got in touch with them today and they gave me a more reasonable price. They also seem to do good work according to most reviews. Gonna be likely taking my car to them. Are you saying 255s will rub at full lock or the fender won't tuck them at full compression? If they do rub at full lock do you know if it's the back edge or the front edge of the tire?

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually got in touch with them today and they gave me a more reasonable price. They also seem to do good work according to most reviews. Gonna be likely taking my car to them. Are you saying 255s will rub at full lock or the fender won't tuck them at full compression? If they do rub at full lock do you know if it's the back edge or the front edge of the tire?

From my experience, 255x35x19 s' will rub at the back on full lock :)

245x35x19's will also rub at the back:)

cheers,

john

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

-Yufeng

Hi, if you are looking for the Ipe header, i do have a brand new set up for sale. Do drop me a mail if you are keen.