Electric Lambo hypercar?

kingjr9000

I think we're at least 10 years away from seeing this, and they would need a lot of funding from the VAG umbrella along with tech sharing with the Mission E etc. Which is btw completely outdated in the proposed performance already by a Tesla sedan...

I hope I'm wrong though, if we see an electric Lambo by the early 20's I'll be happily surprised.

Automakers not going electric will end up like Kodak and Nokia.

Automakers not going electric will end up like Kodak and Nokia.

Personally I love the fact that in a world of continuous conformity and constant soul-stealing from cars, Lamborghini stands alone in making batsh*t insanity. While everyone else is going full hybrid, smaller eco engines and throwing in turbos for more efficiency, Lamborghini is still making wild looking naturally aspirated monsters powered by V10's and V12s. My hope is they do the hybrid electric stuff with the Urus but keep the flagship V12 alive as long as possible...I do get they need to evolve and survive, but it's almost like waking up from a mass extinction and then you see the last T-Rex roaming. You know it's a remnant of a time long past but it's still a spectacular sight to behold. And looking at the numbers from the Aventador SV and the Huracan, these "dinosaurs" can still compete with the new wave cars on every front.

It really isn't news, not entirely anyway. Lamborghini had already dropped hints on the Asterion. With Audi / VAG being the parent and Audi is fully engaged with the E-tron series, it's only a matter of time. They likely will test out the market in the Urus (or whatever it will officially be called) first.

The Urus is likely to be offered with some kind of Hybrid system ...

But remember the Lamborghini Tosca from 2015 ... an Aventador Hybrid test mule ... 910hp !

The batteries added too much weight ... and it would cost about $90,000 extra in parts for each car ...