Lp swift lowering spring install PDF document needed

Ag02M5

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just as an FYI, the factory suspension on a first gen G, LP G or Huracan can be adjusted to different ride heights. Assuming the adjustment is to your liking, there's no need to replace the springs to accomplish this. Unless you want it lower than what the factory hardware allows for. I would recommend an alignment following the spring replacement or adjustment as well.

1 hour ago, LamboCharlotte said:

Just as an FYI, the factory suspension on a first gen G, LP G or Huracan can be adjusted to different ride heights. Assuming the adjustment is to your liking, there's no need to replace the springs to accomplish this. Unless you want it lower than what the factory hardware allows for. I would recommend an alignment following the spring replacement or adjustment as well.

Without changing the springs, how much will the rate be affected when lowered?  I'm looking at installing Swift springs after my wheels come in.

First off, my apologies, I was incorrect in saying that the LP variant Gallardos were adjustable. I believe some are, but it depends on what suspension the car came with from the factory. Believe it or not, there was a comfort and sport option. 

To answer your question, I'm not 100% sure of how drastically the rate is affected. It would really depend on how much you adjust the ride height. With that being said, I don't know what the stock spring rate is to start with either. Stating the obvious, the ride will be a bit stiffer given you have less compression and rebound travel. The main advantage to sticking with stock springs IMO, is that if a shock failure/leakage occurs there is no impact on warranty coverage. If the car is out of warranty, that's obviously a mute point! Hopefully this helps.