New to forum

Cloneman

Geezus ED, thats an amazing wealth of knowledge

I am just trying to be extra cautious with the clutch. When I bought my Aston I did a PPI from the dealer and they said everything was OK. And then I found out I had to put a clutch in it shortly there after. Come to find out they were a new dealer and did not know how to read their scan tool correctly. The guys on the Aston for him in the UK actually got me straightened out.

I am just trying to be extra cautious with the clutch. When I bought my Aston I did a PPI from the dealer and they said everything was OK. And then I found out I had to put a clutch in it shortly there after. Come to find out they were a new dealer and did not know how to read their scan tool correctly. The guys on the Aston for him in the UK actually got me straightened out.

Tough break for sure. Not much to "mess up" with the Gallardo clutch reason though. As long as the place you PPI at has the Leonardo machine, you're good to go.

Steering rack, e-gear pump, and compression testing are what I'd consider most important after the clutch reading.

Tough break for sure. Not much to "mess up" with the Gallardo clutch reason though. As long as the place you PPI at has the Leonardo machine, you're good to go.

Steering rack, e-gear pump, and compression testing are what I'd consider most important after the clutch reading.

Is low compression sometimes a issue on these cars?

Have you tried calling Sport Auto, Lamborghini of the Carolinas and Foreign Cars International, all three are in Greensboro? but Foreign Cars has a place in Charlotte

Is low compression sometimes a issue on these cars?

It's measuring the difference between cylinders. If they are consistent you know it's all worn evenly, if one is way off it could be a ring or valve etc.

It's measuring the difference between cylinders. If they are consistent you know it's all worn evenly, if one is way off it could be a ring or valve etc.

I know what a compression test is I was just wondering if this has been a common issue on these cars or just a general practice to confirm the car being ok.

Have you tried calling Sport Auto, Lamborghini of the Carolinas and Foreign Cars International, all three are in Greensboro? but Foreign Cars has a place in Charlotte

I have occasionally checked with them. Thinking rather than larger dealer I am going to try and get something from one of the forum members. I question the dealers knowledge sometimes....

I know what a compression test is I was just wondering if this has been a common issue on these cars or just a general practice to confirm the car being ok.

Any car could have a bent valve or broken piston ring. For the most part Gallardo engines are strong, but like anything... you never know how it was driven, maintained, etc. On a side note, Gallardos are great cars but if a 10K repair could break your bank I wouldn't buy a Lamborghini. Example a friends G spun the shaft on the oil pump, sending fragments into the lift system. All said and done, with an oil change and a leaky fuel injector he was into the fat end of 12K.

On a V12 anytime the motor has to come out.. its going to hurt

Any car could have a bent valve or broken piston ring. For the most part Gallardo engines are strong, but like anything... you never know how it was driven, maintained, etc. On a side note, Gallardos are great cars but if a 10K repair could break your bank I wouldn't buy a Lamborghini. Example a friends G spun the shaft on the oil pump, sending fragments into the lift system. All said and done, with an oil change and a leaky fuel injector he was into the fat end of 12K.

On a V12 anytime the motor has to come out.. its going to hurt

Oh ya. Guy who owned mine before me had a $36,000.00 bill on a belt that slipped. While the engine was out EVERYTHING was gone through, so the bill for the belt and repairs isn't $36,000.00 (that was everything that was replaced and labor), but still not cheap.

Thats just it, could be anything. Then you have the choice... fix it for whatever it costs or sell it for pennies on the dollar. When you buy a Lambo you need to throw all your expectations for parts pricing out the window. Although people like Glen at AMH and experts like Jefflambo help enormously. When you take it to a shop that doesn't know these cars the extra cost and aggravations really add up quick