NYC Exotic Parking

KaiatEliteMS

I have been in Manhattan for 10 years and still have not found a public Manhattan garage that I would feel comfortable leaving my cars in. Got to remember that almost all public garages here are of the sort where you hand over the car keys to a garage attendant. I know a few guys that park their own cars in a supposedly dedicated spot but that still does not make them immune from damage.

I have been in Manhattan for 10 years and still have not found a public Manhattan garage that I would feel comfortable leaving my cars in. Got to remember that almost all public garages here are of the sort where you hand over the car keys to a garage attendant. I know a few guys that park their own cars in a supposedly dedicated spot but that still does not make them immune from damage.

Parking yourself is better than letting them park it, which spot is that?

I'd rather park myself and hold onto the keys. Would be willing to pay extra. Asking for myself and customers as well.

There is a lot across the street from Dream Downtown, 355 W 16th St, New York, NY 10011 which let me park the Murci (they kept key) but were very protective of the car.

You did not mention what part of Manhattan you are looking for space and no doubt the monthly garage fee will vary greatly depending where in the city you are looking. The last time I seriously looked at parking my cars in the city was about a year ago. I found a garage not far me around 96th/WEA that let me park the car myself, but as I vaguely recall had to leave the keys with the garage attendant. I think that the monthly rate was close to $750-also plan to figure in an additional gratuity as well. One can easily find a far cheaper space but I would have reservations about leaving a car with keys that I cared about in a cut rate monthly lot.