Health Insurance in US

szabo_martin

Sounds like Russia has a better grasp on their health care. There are so many things here that kill the quality of service in Canada. Underfunding of the system as a whole, lack of equipment, hence the year long wait for an MRI or specialty equipment. You cannot choose your doctor. When I went to Texas I could review doctors qualifications and experience. Big bonus in my eyes when someone is going to be cutting into your spine. Doctors here get paid the same overall and its shit pay, so a lot of surgeons go south of the border where they are more appreciated from a financial standpoint. Also we allow WAY too many people over 65 into the country. Its not to be a cunt, but when people come in that are a burden to the system from day one and have contributed nothing to it, why should the rest of the citizens fund it?

Its only going to get worse with the open door policy for all the refugees and illegals that are and will continue to leave the US for a safer haven.

On primary physicians salary - that's the issue I forgot to include. It is ridiculous, plain and simple, what doctors in public clinics get paid here. Imagine $500-600 a month salary for a gynecologist? A friend of mine has to work 3 jobs so she can pay her bills. When she works at a private clinic over the weekend, she makes a commission based off the fee of the service. Another doc said it's basically 2, up to 3x their salary if they went to a private clinic, but then 'how will all these grandmas afford to come to a public clinic?" So yeah, someone gets the shaft either way.

Yes but in this case, the person getting the shaft is who you depend on for your care. Seems to me the standard of care would go greatly downhill from that point.

Healthcare IMO is not and can never be a right, but that doesn't at all mean that there cannot be a healthcare system designed to provide everyone with some basic form of care. I would not want a single-payer system though, for the "government" portion, I'd want something like what Germany/France/Switzerland/Netherlands has, which is a multipayer system with a private-sector component to it as well.

I am very curious as to how the Russian system works. Maybe because the doctors are paid so little the overall system is more affordable? Is there concern about lawsuits at all?

I Googled Russia's healthcare system and these articles, very negative about it, came up, but none from right-wing news sources. Have no personal experience with it though.

Russia's Bad Healthcare System Is Only Getting Worse

In Putin's Russia, Universal Healthcare Is for All Who Pay

The Crisis Of Russian Healthcare and Attempts At Reform

An interesting point one of the articles makes is that Russian healthcare in the major cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg are of much higher quality than many of the rural areas. Rawr, are you in one of the big cities or a rural area?