Why has this car been for sale for so long?

IanMan

Add to the list of issues that the market for this car today is probably at least $35k less than their asking price and likely less than what they have into it.

The two biggest things that come to mind with the 2012's is that the ECU cannot be upgraded in the same way as the newer cars and also theres the potential transmission seal issue that can drain out all your fluid. Isn't that like a 30k repair? But other than that I don't think they would be too bad...

Also I am really surprised by the amount of people here that really hate Arancio Argos! I think it is one of the defining colors of the Aventador and it looks great!

Tranny replacement is $45k. I heard the factory now will ask the dealers to repair it rather than replacing with a new one for those with warranty. I got lucky.

Tranny replacement is $45k. I heard the factory now will ask the dealers to repair it rather than replacing with a new one for those with warranty. I got lucky.

Wow! That is crazy, it's definitely something to consider if you are looking at an earlier model. I always thought it would have made more sense to preform a repair anyways but I was under the impression that the whole transmission had to be replaced. I guess that's not the case huh..

Well if you ended up getting a completely new one, good on ya.

• 2 months later...

I don't like this color at all. But I'm a more conventional color guy. Red, black, maybe blue. Silver a distant possibility. That's it for me as far as color is concerned.

We have a white Ferrari and a red one.

I don't like this color at all. But I'm a more conventional color guy. Red, black, maybe blue. Silver a distant possibility. That's it for me as far as color is concerned.

We have a white Ferrari and a red one.

Well, I thought some of the people In this thread were being too strict on color choice, but I saw a roadster in this color in person three weeks ago and I hated everything except the orange leather in the interior.

Damn am I the only one that doesn't mind the color at all?

Me and you are in the same boat. First Aventador I ever saw on the road was that color and was gorgeous!

Well, I thought some of the people In this thread were being too strict on color choice, but I saw a roadster in this color in person three weeks ago and I hated everything except the orange leather in the interior.

I feel the hate is overrated for an imperfect color choice.

Just came around to this thread and figured it was some sort of brown before clicking on the link.

VCR does have good rationale for its flaws.