Cylinder head gaskets

SAMLAMBO

I was looking at a 2012 Aventador from a family member of one of the members on this forum and it had a check engine light on. Dealer was 300 miles away so that's why he hadn't had it sent in yet. I told him I'd take the car once it got checked out and engine light issue resolved from dealer. Turned out to be a head gasket replacement as well. Fortunately I didn't just go ahead and buy it. It was just past warranty period but they did end up taking care of him on it. With that said, I still passed on the car as it concerned me... Pretty crazy. Would definitely stay away from 2012's for this reason and for transmission issues...

I was looking at a 2012 Aventador from a family member of one of the members on this forum and it had a check engine light on. Dealer was 300 miles away so that's why he hadn't had it sent in yet. I told him I'd take the car once it got checked out and engine light issue resolved from dealer. Turned out to be a head gasket replacement as well. Fortunately I didn't just go ahead and buy it. It was just past warranty period but they did end up taking care of him on it. With that said, I still passed on the car as it concerned me... Pretty crazy. Would definitely stay away from 2012's for this reason and for transmission issues...

Yup my Friend is looking at buying one to and I told him pls go for 2013 onwards wit the improved gbox and improved head gaskets. Only I for one hate the start stop it comes with.

Congrats! Glad you're getting this fixed.

Thx! I got the improved gbox and now the gaskets. At the same time they will be replacing all the hoses, seals, cleaning it all up etc etc making it all new :)

Thx! I got the improved gbox and now the gaskets. At the same time they will be replacing all the hoses, seals, cleaning it all up etc etc making it all new :)

Oh nice!!! Let's see pics of the work if you can! Not too often do you see photos of an Aventador being torn apart for maintenance!

Oh nice!!! Let's see pics of the work if you can! Not too often do you see photos of an Aventador being torn apart for maintenance!

Heartache? Hahaha oh well at least they will clean it all up and replace all the hardware which is a plus point

IMG_8602.JPG

Im pointing at my gasket which needs to be replaced. Apparently the newer improved quality gaskets don't stick out as much.

gasket.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

New improved gaskets are in, along with other hardware like this screw below which is longer(old shorter screw next to it) hence more secure(from the newer Aventador's) lots of cleaning up to, to bring it back to showroom condition

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8992.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG