Glass Garage “Greenhouse” Design

Plastique999

What the fcuk is wrong with people? It's like California folks don't have any sense of community, and get some perverse joy out of fcuking someone over. Oh and by the way, that person you just fucked over? You see them every day because they're your next door fcuking neighbor. Unbelievable.

What's wrong with people? How about everything? And it's not CA only either. It's almost like a chest-thumping contest and borderline hazing. You are new to the "hood" so you better beg for mercy from the existing residences (especially those who have been there for a long time; they have this false sense of sovereignty). Your move to the "community" is like a violation of their personal space so they will put you under their microscopes and do absolutely everything to ruin your day. And even after you are accepted per se, the pissing contest continues. And of course things get complicated further after they learned that you have a few fancy rides.

Dude it's crazy in Malibu. I'm buying land here now to build our next house and learning a lot as I go - you basically just need a good expediter that will fight for you based on previous cases. There are now grasses and flowers that only grow in disturbed areas that are 'protected' even though they are worthless, really strange. Coastal Oaks - don't even try. I get it though, they want to prevent it from becoming overdeveloped - thats a huge part of the value any current house here has.

On the subject of glass garages - one of my "MUST HAVES" for this new build is a separate 4 car glass garage you can see from the house. :D

One of the reasons we left. BTW if your home burns down (ours did in the 93 fire), you may not be able to rebuild it to its current size. Coastal Commission are nuts and corrupt.

What the fcuk is wrong with people? It's like California folks don't have any sense of community, and get some perverse joy out of fcuking someone over. Oh and by the way, that person you just fucked over? You see them every day because they're your next door fcuking neighbor. Unbelievable.

It’s not just California, people complain everywhere all the time, in particular if they are bored and retired at home.

I have a very strict policy of adhering to the guidelines, it’s never worth the headache, if we don’t get what we need we negotiate hard with the planners before we start and in most instances a favorable outcome can be achieved but in one instance we sued the local government over a planning permit decision which rendered a multi million dollars project commercially unviable, it took 1.5 years and $750k but in the end we got the permit which by the way wasn’t dissimilar with what others were getting around the corner, the reason why we nearly ended up in court (they settled before we got in front of a judge) was because of neighbors complaining, two of them or actually RENTING next door not even owners, owners had no objections.

We have developments where compliance officers came so many times acting on nonsense complains that they end up just calling and saying I must let you know they complained again sorry please carry on (it’s their duty to act on complaints) the complains you hear make your head explode, from the rubbish bins being incorrectly placed or pieces of paper blown by the wind in their backyards, the other day one guy called saying that he thinks one of the contractors hammered a timber survey stake in his ground, I went there and looked at it and told him, that’s the boundary mark, he said that he doesn’t think so and that I should call a surveyor, I told him the surveyor put it there in order to delineate the boundary and avoid the exact discussion we are having now :eusa_wall:

People are vindictive, generally jealous and enjoy being a thorn in somebody else’s side, majority of them try to give themselves more importance than they actually have and assert some kind of authority which they feel they are entitled to.

We are very used to seeing this behavior and have systems in place trying to prevent it, I don’t do a lot of residential development, in commercial environment you deal with pros on almost every level including the neighbor but when we do have developments in a residential neighborhood I usually get my guys to go to everyone around and give them, alcohol, gift baskets, car wash vouchers, direct contact if they have any complaints and/or need feedback, we allow them on sites to stickybeak (everyone loves to know what’s going on) we ask for opinions, keep them up to date if they have interest, we sometimes offer services at reduced cost to help them out, etc. when they don’t agree and dislike something we explain to them and show them the approvals, in most instances even if they don’t like it they know fighting is futile so you avoid conflicts by them reporting to the authorities but in spite of all that you do get the occasional asshole and when we do my next message is to the lawyer and they will usually get notified that we will demand cost if we incur any for unsubstantiated claims, they quickly pull their head in.

Ohh the joys of dealing with people LOL