Ford GT vs ZR1 Video

FikseSTS

finally got the GT out for some work... and wow, the Ford vs Chevy fight is real in the comments... :)

• 1 month later...

Reading all the reports on the FGT lately it seems to be a bit disappointing.  Not fast in a straightline ( Huracan is faster) and nothing special on track according to the latest magazine tests. 

4 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Reading all the reports on the FGT lately it seems to be a bit disappointing.  Not fast in a straightline ( Huracan is faster) and nothing special on track according to the latest magazine tests. 

The early vlog reviews of the GT had it pegged as a  "feels" car, particularly the steering.

Instrument testing will not confirm or deny that, only a subjective evaluation can. Magazines in particular have been concerning from the beginning of time (and a bunch have called the Urus overrated while the subjective reports from people connected in the LP community is saying anything but).

I knew it would be "slow" in a straight line. Lap times it might be beatable by other cars, but that doesn't tell the whole story. It was engineered as a race car then detuned for the street, which is the opposite of everything else that's out there (a luxury Ford would have that the major manufacturers wouldn't).

My only real concern with the car was that it could do everything really well except blow you away with its sound.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:29 AM, Allan-Herbie said:

Reading all the reports on the FGT lately it seems to be a bit disappointing.  Not fast in a straightline ( Huracan is faster) and nothing special on track according to the latest

magazine tests. 

I raced a Huracan on the way back from the track and pulled on it with the GT....      I raced this ZR1 with my Huracan and it was dead even....  posted that race a while ago...

It's not McLaren fast, but hangs with everything below...