Cheapskate key for Murcielago

chucklehead

Works for 2004 Murcielago coupe E-gear

Had only received 1 key when purchased car. I contacted dealer and it seemed reasonable $750 for key fob and programming. But I wanted to see if I can find a work-around.

I was worried if my 1 key's electronics stopped working, the car would be immobilized and have to be towed. The immobilizer turns on automatically.

Checked the owner's manual and I did have the PIN card, so I could do that if my key electronics failed.

I purchased a generic Audi key HU66AT6 for Audi A4 A6 and had it cut. It could open the doors and turn the car on. The immobilizer would keep it from starting. I figured, a good first step. If I locked my key in the car, this spare could open the door.

The place that cut the key said that they didn't have the right chip to clone the key fob signal. It seems that they can clone electronics for other cars. Instead of buying a new key fob and having dealer program the car to each key, clone the signal from a working key fob so that it thinks it is the same key. Haven't found anybody who can clone Lamborghini keys yet.

Then I read that the automatic feature of the MED 200.L 04 alarm can be turned off. Luckily I had the instructions. User Programming is entered with the system off by turning the ignition key On-Off 4 times altogether.

Press one of the buttons 5 times. Its called System not operating/Reset service. Turns off or on alarm system. (Do need the key fob to program.)

Turn ignition key On-Off once to exit User Programming.

Now my regular key can start the Murcielago. The alarm system will remember programming even if the battery is disconnected.

On the Murcielago's, The factory ordered key and remote comes already programmed to the car. Takes about a month to get in after order is placed. Its only the Gallardo's that need programmed after receiving the key and remote. Also price is about $100 cheaper through me.

Alarm is disabled, no immobilizer preventing start. Instructions say that even if battery is disabled, alarm system remembers setting.

note: this is MED 2000 alarm system from 2004.

Using my replacement key without electronic key fob, fully functioning.

If anyone needs the MED manual let me know; found out the hard way what it costs to replace the system, and immobilizers, when the prior owner doesn't give you the PIN card, but at least the all new alarm came with a manual lol.