New LM002 owner maintenance advice and parts

Gizlabs

Hi guys, i am a new Owner of a 1990 LM002. Very excited its my first Lm and really first exotic older car. I have owned new lux cars but clearly not the same thing. I am looking for advise from current owners, there is no Lamborghini dealer near me so i need to find a good mechanic to service it, and help with some of the restorations i hope to do. Also parts suppliers. But mainly want to understand what are the things i need to have looked at and how often.

Engine, oil change frequency and type, transmission and clutch care, transfer case etc.

are there good parts suppliers out there? Need front grille, mine came with a winch and i would like to get a grille as well. Air intake components need some parts...need new rubber dust protection covers on the axels.....other miscellaneous  things that i am sure will come up.

anything else to really look out for on these cars?

Thanks in advance

6 hours ago, Gizlabs said:

Hi guys, i am a new Owner of a 1990 LM002. Very excited its my first Lm and really first exotic older car. I have owned new lux cars but clearly not the same thing. I am looking for advise from current owners, there is no Lamborghini dealer near me so i need to find a good mechanic to service it, and help with some of the restorations i hope to do. Also parts suppliers. But mainly want to understand what are the things i need to have looked at and how often.

Engine, oil change frequency and type, transmission and clutch care, transfer case etc.

are there good parts suppliers out there? Need front grille, mine came with a winch and i would like to get a grille as well. Air intake components need some parts...need new rubber dust protection covers on the axels.....other miscellaneous  things that i am sure will come up.

anything else to really look out for on these cars?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the Bullpen! Make sure you post some pictures of it soon!

We have a few LM owners on here that I'm sure will help you out.

Where are you located? I know Evan's in Ohio does some great work and he's got LM experience. 

i am in lehigh valley PA, i think closest is Philly or NyC but both over 2 hrs away and i would like to find someone closer. Mainly want to know what to look out for and parts questions.

Very cool, I would like to hear the history on your truck. It looks like it might have aftermarket wheels and maybe a front bumper, hard to tell from the picture. 

if your interested in parts then contact Glen at AMH Exotic parts. He can check and see what the factory has. If he can’t get what you want then contact Emilio, if he can’t then you need to get the parts made from scratch. 

I’m from Western Canada so cant point you in the right direction for a shop to use for service but would recommend a service every year and have them do an inspection at the same time. You should be proactive with maintance!

congrat on the new truck 

Thanks, the rims are original, the wheels are not, but honestly wheels are not top priority. The bumper is original, but i am missing the grill, the former owner had a winch on it, but kept it, as i was planning to put grill back. Need to find one, as I understand its no longer being made. do you have a contact for Emilio? who is he? At this point I am more focussed on finding parts supplier before going to someone for the job, as I am anticipating that will be a big hurdle for this job.