Sourcing OEM Countach "Bianco" Interior Sample

Toulbox01

Hey all,

Any idea where I can source a sample of the oem countach interior in "Bianco"..? Even it's a small piece of the leather.

I recently purchased a 1982 LP5000S and want to check that the interior in the car is to factory colour/specs.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, Toulbox01 said:

Hey all,

Any idea where I can source a sample of the oem countach interior in "Bianco"..? Even it's a small piece of the leather.

I recently purchased a 1982 LP5000S and want to check that the interior in the car is to factory colour/specs.

I'd start with contacting either your nearest local dealer, or see if someone is in the area from the Lamborghini Club America. If there is an owner near you, they could be able to provide some insight.

Otherwise, worst case you email the factory, try and contact the restorations division to get some information. 

There may be some challenges involved.  The car is almost 40yrs old and white of all colours is the easiest to discolor over time.  Different environment in storage and/or usage will yield different  yellowing results.  Moreover, Countach seats are known to come in 2 different versions: those with embossed leather and those without.  Whether it's the same type of leather used I do not know but if your car has the embossed leather, there is a good chance that they are factory OEM.  Of course, lacking the embossing does not render them to be non-OEM either.  A close inspection on the stitching may yield some hints as the factory stitching is quite nicely done. 

Polo Storico can trace the car's factory spec for you; however; expect to pay a fee for it and it won't be cheap.

Congrats on the purchase and best of luck.

11 minutes ago, VCR said:

There may be some challenges involved.  The car is almost 40yrs old and white of all colours is the easiest to discolor over time.  Different environment in storage and/or usage will yield different  yellowing results.  Moreover, Countach seats are known to come in 2 different versions: those with embossed leather and those without.  Whether it's the same type of leather used I do not know but if your car has the embossed leather, there is a good chance that they are factory OEM.  Of course, lacking the embossing does not render them to be non-OEM either.  A close inspection on the stitching may yield some hints as the factory stitching is quite nicely done. 

Polo Storico can trace the car's factory spec for you; however; expect to pay a fee for it and it won't be cheap.

Congrats on the purchase and best of luck.

Excellent info! Thanks for sharing!