Lit up a new Corvette today at lunch

rhunt

Cruising up 95N in Baltimore today at lunch and saw a dude in a new POS trying to race me. I look over and laugh as I am in my NSX, a few seconds later he puts up 3 fingers and starts counting down. When he dropped the last finger, all he saw was the ass end of my car. I think everyone is right about the new POS's being slower than advertised, I got him by 10 lengths before I slowed down.

Aw wish we had a video of that, hehehe. I love the NSX, sexy body curves on those cars. Was it a brand new POS (the ones that I think seem to mimick the viper to some extent on the lights and body work?) or an older one?

It was a C6, still had temp tags on it. Wish i had a camera with me, but I was taking a lady friend out to lunch. :P

:axe: I thought you smoked him in a stock NSX. :axe:

Hell no, a stock NSX would get smoked. However, I didn't use the nitrous only engine and turbo... :mrgreen:

Hell no, a stock NSX would get smoked.  However, I didn't use the nitrous only engine and turbo... :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell no, a stock NSX would get smoked.  However, I didn't use the nitrous only engine and turbo... :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with that, "Take'em as you git'em" lol!

thats funny. im sure he was surprised. how much power are you making on turbo alone? when he was counting down with the three fingers was the last on the middle one? :finga: ive had a stang guy do this to me and i was laughing too hard to even think about racing. :lol:

I wanna see pics of the engine bay, i never seen or heard of a twin turbo NSX.

This is my website. I have to update it with the new turbo setup pics. I will do that tomorrow morning from work.

users.adelphia.net/~nsxer

i tried to race a c6 here on maui and the owner told me flat out it wasnt worth it because i had a better motor. i still wanted to race but didnt want to rub him too rough because his wife was with him. :|

it was on street tires and it spun past 70MPH. I can dig out the timeslip and post it.

The problem with slicks is that I am afraid to blow the tranny and axles. I am going to get cryo'd axles and internal tranny parts in the spring. I just spent a ton on the car plus bought a Ducati 996 a few weeks ago, so I have to let my wife stop yelling first. :P

I haven't run it with my new turbo kit yet. I am going Saturday to Turbotrix in New Jersey to get the car tuned better. I am going to track it next Saturday. I think the MPH is a little low due to tire spin. I am probably going to kick the NOS down to a 75 or 100 shot to save the tranny.