Battery Choice for CT

Roman

Looks like Im going to need to buy a new battery for the CT... Id like to get an optima... Problem is, they dont list "Lamborghini" on their website... Anybody know what model I need?

Your best bet is to measure the available space and place the largest Optima you can. Dimensions are at the Optima website. Look for the downloadable PDF files in the product information section.

The red top will work. I don't know which one you need ?

Yeah, Id like to get a model number so I can have it here waiting when the truck arrives...

Don't know how much you plan on driving, but I've been using a yellow top "deep cycle" as I don't drive that frequently, and after two years it starts everytime time - highly recommended.

Don't know how much you plan on driving, but I've been using a yellow top "deep cycle" as I don't drive that frequently, and after two years it starts everytime time - highly recommended.

Now THATS interesting to know... I have a red top on my m3 (less than 1000 miles/year) and I need to charge it up every couple of weeks or so...

How did you figure out which model # to buy?

Now THATS interesting to know...  I have a red top on my m3 (less than 1000 miles/year) and I need to charge it up every couple of weeks or so...

How did you figure out which model # to buy?

I pinged some of the Esprit nerds, and based on CCA and size ended up with a D34/78. Picked it up from E Bay for $105, although it seems as the seller TNA Motor Sports (in the OC) doesn't exist any longer. I gave them a call tonight to see if they could recommend a battery for you, but alas the phone number (1 888 TNA SPORTS) was no good :(

Dude- You rock!

Ok... So can anybody tell me the size and CCA of a stock lambo battery?

Ok... Can one of the Countach guys go out to the garage and tell me the make and model of the battery you have? Dimensions would be a plus as well, but I dont want to push my luck....

I THINK I know the right optima to buy, but I want to double check that.

Romandad,

I just checked, and my CT has an Interstate battery, group 34R, and according to a chart online is supposed to be 10 1/4" long x 6 13/16" wide x 7 7/8" high. I measured about 10"x7"x7", not including the posts, so close enough. It's rated at 700 CCA, or 875 CA. It was in the car when I bought it and so far still works. It looks like it is a stock size. You can see in the picture that a battery larger in any dimension probably won't fit.

Thanks Islero- You saved the day...

Whats that red switch in front of the battery?

Battery disconnect, between the negative terminal and ground. Keeps the radio and clock from draining the battery when not in use regularly. Again, it was on the car when I bought it. I might bypass it. I have dead spot in the start circuit occasionally where I turn the key and nothing happens. Sometimes I have to try it 2-3 times before the starter engages. It is either in the ignition switch, this switch, or the starter solenoid. Bypassing this switch and making sure the battery has a good ground is the easiest thing to check. So, what's the ETA on your car?