LP640 tail light conversion for 2005 mucie

Hon

i like the older tail lights more than the newer one....i think i am the only one though LOL

• 3 years later...

Not to go digging up an ancient thread, but since my question is on this topic I didn't want to create a new topic.

I was told that for 05-06 Murci that you do NOT have to do any cutting to do the conversion and the lights were a direct fit replacement ... the cutting was only necessary for years 02-04. Is this correct information?

Not to go digging up an ancient thread, but since my question is on this topic I didn't want to create a new topic.

I was told that for 05-06 Murci that you do NOT have to do any cutting to do the conversion and the lights were a direct fit replacement ... the cutting was only necessary for years 02-04. Is this correct information?

The LP640 tail lights will fit perfect, you r just going to have to change the wiring conectors, they r different but is not that difficult.

The LP640 tail lights will fit perfect, you r just going to have to change the wiring conectors, they r different but is not that difficult.

I converted my 02 Murci to 640 lights and it is not that simple, dont bother trying it yourself unless ytou are competent witrh tools and can make the

required brackets.

I would assume that the 02 and 05 share the same body work therefore cutting the body and manufacturing of brackets is required

I have read several posts regarding this conversion and I will state that the I cannot see how anyone could possibly install 640 lights without the additional

support bracket that needs to be made to support the lights towards the outside of the car, even when a bracket is made it is a pretty ordinary support and only just sufficient

you cant get a top suport only access to the bottom support bolt on the 640 light

Personally I would never leave this job to anyone to do other than a very competent shop or a very capable owner, I am not sorry that i did the conversion as the 640 lights are

awsome compared to the originals, however if I was faced with the option again I would not do it as I feel that the hacking and brackets work required is crude?

It took me approximately 12 hours to do this job

My Opinion for what it is worth

Just a point I did read on a thread where a member did not install a support bracket ??? I can see how this is possible, when you cut the body to install the 640 lights you remove the original support sustem for the outsige of the original lights and there is no means to support the outside of the 640 lights as the mounting system is quite different

Good Luck

Kipper

I converted my 02 Murci to 640 lights and it is not that simple, dont bother trying it yourself unless ytou are competent witrh tools and can make the

required brackets.

I would assume that the 02 and 05 share the same body work therefore cutting the body and manufacturing of brackets is required

I have read several posts regarding this conversion and I will state that the I cannot see how anyone could possibly install 640 lights without the additional

support bracket that needs to be made to support the lights towards the outside of the car, even when a bracket is made it is a pretty ordinary support and only just sufficient

you cant get a top suport only access to the bottom support bolt on the 640 light

Personally I would never leave this job to anyone to do other than a very competent shop or a very capable owner, I am not sorry that i did the conversion as the 640 lights are

awsome compared to the originals, however if I was faced with the option again I would not do it as I feel that the hacking and brackets work required is crude?

It took me approximately 12 hours to do this job

My Opinion for what it is worth

Just a point I did read on a thread where a member did not install a support bracket ??? I can see how this is possible, when you cut the body to install the 640 lights you remove the original support sustem for the outsige of the original lights and there is no means to support the outside of the 640 lights as the mounting system is quite different

Good Luck

Kipper

Thanks for the info. I was looking at an 05 Murci that had the LP640 tail lights and was told the conversion was a direct swap for 05-06. I was skeptical because I was pretty sure 02-06 used the same tail lights which would mean that it is NOT a direct replacement.