Dyno run of my 08 LP640 Roadster

TommyJames

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming a 15% drive train loss, that is almost exactly 640 crank HP as advertised from Lambo.

Nice numbers.

is there a graph that shows the whole range of rpms

Nope, the only graph I have. I'm at the redline when I pull neutral. I'll post the actual video of this run soon. The car's computer showed 168 MPH at redline in 4th gear.

Assuming a 15% drive train loss, that is almost exactly 640 crank HP as advertised from Lambo.

Nice numbers.

I believe the power loss is actually higher because of the AWD, but I don't know the exact number and I couldn't find it anywhere for the LP640. I hear some were getting 508-516 with stock exhaust but would love to see other comps.

Tommy,

If those no.s are accurate, you have a ringer. 540 + AWHP is way above what a standard LP640 will do. How many pulls did you make?

Very strong numbers Tommy! You have one helluva car :icon_thumleft:

I also think the fact that I drive the car has a lot to do with it. Most of the dyno numbers I've seen are on very low mile cars. I noticed a significant power difference when I hit about 5,500 miles. It was as if the car just woke up. Others have told me the same thing around 5,000 miles. I've got about 7,400 on it now.

I believe the power loss is actually higher because of the AWD, but I don't know the exact number and I couldn't find it anywhere for the LP640. I hear some were getting 508-516 with stock exhaust but would love to see other comps.

Wait a second. I ASSumed those were rwhp dyno figures, not AWHP. That''s why I stated the 15% drive train loss. 545 AWHP is like 720 crank HP!! HOLY CRAP!!... :shock:

Wait a second. I ASSumed those were rwhp dyno figures, not AWHP. That''s why I stated the 15% drive train loss. 545 AWHP is like 720 crank HP!! HOLY CRAP!!... :shock:

Yea, sort of what I said. We were with a group of other cars that all came out as expected. My car was the only one that was a surprise as we were expecting numbers closer to 510.

545 is a shit load for that car. Thats 110hp per liter which is extremely high for that car. I know the 640's pick up a good amount with exhaust.

Even if its a high running dyno, your car is definitely running well. Awesome.

Ya, I think the highest reading LP640 before yours was 455 AWHP, at least that is what I remember Allan saying.

Regardless, enjoy!!.. :icon_thumleft:

Sounds like a very high reading dyno.

I'd have thought so too, but the other cars were about where they were against similar cars tested that same day. It was my first dyno and the only LP640 that day so I have no comps other than to compare against others that day who have more history.

Here is a link to the video shot by someone else.

My Murci dynoed 433awhp....

Several Lp's on Alexs dynoed 455-460awhp. With exhaust and filters Alex hit 500awhp.

So Im going to agree, very high reading dyno.

I'd have thought so too, but the other cars were about where they were against similar cars tested that same day. It was my first dyno and the only LP640 that day so I have no comps other than to compare against others that day who have more history.

Here is a link to the video shot by someone else.

It also has to do with AWD and rwd calibration. But cool for taking it to the dyno!

It also has to do with AWD and rwd calibration. But cool for taking it to the dyno!

The other two LP that dynoed at the same place, but not on the same day, both cars with very low miles dynoed at 508 and 516 with stock exhaust.

The other two LP that dynoed at the same place, but not on the same day, both cars with very low miles dynoed at 508 and 516 with stock exhaust.

Ya but its the same dyno, so same calibration...

So the other two cars should have seen lower results too? What would be typical numbers for and LP with stock exhaust?

Wholy fcuk!!!

Way to go TJ! I'm sure it's a bit high, but damn!!!!

Yea, I don't know what to think. I do love the OC exhaust and I'm sure that helped some. I'm also thinking that just driving the thing helps. After talking to the test driver in Italy, I tend to run the car at higher RPM, driving at 4,000 RPM in most cases, and one opinion is that the electronics in the car already calibrated the car for optimum HP at high RPM. I am blowing a little smoke when I get above 5-6,000 RPM in the video.

My engine comes out next week to fix a very tiny oil leak. I'll be running a long thread with photos on that one. Should be interesting!