Codes and sources

RHennessey

I have been having an issue with check engine left and check engine right lights coming on and staying on

initially after checking with the "turn key 5 times" this was identified as o2 sensors

I have had had the computer cleared several times

I lived with this (lights on) as the mechanic with the tool to clear is a couple of hours away

recently I had the timing chain tensioners replaced (interesting as there were homemade mechanical units) with Lamborghini parts

The engine was set up again (timing, etc)

I ran the car for a 100mi or so (on way home) and

the lights come on , i think the like me

any way the code now is a lean engine condition

We are thinking now to install a new fuel regulator as others have in recent posts (a single with dual outputs as opposed to the twin setup in recent post)

The car is running great, temperature is fine

I am hoping the lean condition is a moment in time thing that the computer picked up and flagged

can someone post the codes to identify conditions

and

any

input

appreciated

A lean code is not something to mess with. If you are lean, put your hand by the exhaust tips and feel if there is hot exhaust coming out.

Check your injectors, perhaps they are loaded with crap or leaking. Have them flow tested for accuracy.

About codes, today AZLambo and I went on a little 200 mile cruise and he had a code come on.

I have not cleared my codes from the major I had and my CELs stayed on up until today. The right CEL is now gone. I think the next time I drive the left will disappear.

A lean code is not something to mess with. If you are lean, put your hand by the exhaust tips and feel if there is hot exhaust coming out.

Check your injectors, perhaps they are loaded with crap or leaking. Have them flow tested for accuracy.

About codes, today AZLambo and I went on a little 200 mile cruise and he had a code come on.

I have not cleared my codes from the major I had and my CELs stayed on up until today. The right CEL is now gone. I think the next time I drive the left will disappear.

I did the "key on/off three times and then count the blinks on the 4th "on" routine (Thanks, Jason, I didn't know about this), and the Left Check engine was 20 times and

the right was 19 times..................both "misfire" diagnosis. I checked with another buddy, and he said that the "misfire" modules on either side near the middle top of the

engine have hoses that need to be clamped at both ends......the bottom end, where the rubber tube connects to the metal tube, and the top end, at the sensor itself.

I am going to do this. Also, both CEL's went out and have not come back on since later this afternoon, but I'm guessing the he was right about clamping the small rubber

hoses. We shall see.

Jeff post up some pics of today

Will do later this evening.

Have some stuff I have to do shortly.

Good news is, the CEL's went away.....at least for now.....I drove about 40 miles this afternoon and no CEL's!

Will do later this evening.

Have some stuff I have to do shortly.

Good news is, the CEL's went away.....at least for now.....I drove about 40 miles this afternoon and no CEL's!

very good.

Im just glad that 200 miles went perfectly and my car is working better than ever. I guess with $25K worth of work, it should.

Home made chain tensioners?! Where did this car come from?

--------------------

AbolFaz I dont know I thought you were the expert (Italy i think :)

They were a little rough but functional

I will post a picture of them this weekend

Abol do you want to help me find out the history of this animal?

R

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Az,

Why are you doing the key-thing? Your D is a 99 and has OBD II You can hook up a scanner and get more precise code readings. With the scanner, you can also erase all the codes.

To understand the code numbers. Lamboweb.com has a complete listing of all the codes and their meanings.

Rhennesy,

what year is your D? if it's 96+ you also have OBD II. If you have OBD I, you can buy a code erase tool from la mb o s tu ff. for about $25.00. Just plug it in and it erases automatically.

then you can get new codes all over again. :D

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Az,

Why are you doing the key-thing? Your D is a 99 and has OBD II You can hook up a scanner and get more precise code readings. With the scanner, you can also erase all the codes.

I don't have a scanner! But, I had my buddy scan the codes and both just basically said a "generic misfire". He then erased the codes. I installed the two clamps he gave me for the

two "misfire modules" on either side of the engine. Hopefully, all is cured!

Shamile,

My ride is a 91

Dear Lamborghinisti,

You have OBD I Just buy the small plug for about $25.00 Plug it in to your computer (behind the seats ) and erase the code. No need to pay a tech to do it for you.

Be warned, there is a way to just jump a few pins and mimic the tool. BUT....if you jump the wrong pin, you WILL fry your computer....not worth the risk for a $25.00 part.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

You have OBD I Just buy the small plug for about $25.00 Plug it in to your computer (behind the seats ) and erase the code. No need to pay a tech to do it for you.

Be warned, there is a way to just jump a few pins and mimic the tool. BUT....if you jump the wrong pin, you WILL fry your computer....not worth the risk for a $25.00 part.

Shamile

Yes, I checked with check with our franchised dealer sponsors.com. And the round plug is no longer available. Anyone know where I could get one? Jason at check with our franchised dealer sponsors.com said "in order to reset the LIE computer you need to short together pins 7,9,13."

• 3 months later...

jason, I believe it is the 3 code for running rich. I was informed by another lambo owner about build up on the cats and I just need to get them hot to burn off the residue (?). The car seems to be running perfect outside the CELs

do not panic.

what codes?

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Yeah, codes for the first time.....I too panicked the first time.

Topcarbon also came to my aid. :)

Chip,

To get the codes on your 91...

Put the key in the ignition, turn to pos II ( all the dash light come on ) then turn off ( do not remove key) and turn to pos II again (Do not start engine). Do this 3 full times....on the 4th time, leave the key on pos II and watch the "check engine lights" . They will flash the number of times for a code ( 3 flashes = code 3 ). You may have a left and right code....even a few of them.

Focus on one side at a time. You can do this procedure a few times and not erase the codes....so you can verify the number. Once you have the numbers, you can go to Lamboweb.com to check the chart on what the code is.

Come back and tell us what codes you have and we will try to help.

Shamile

3 flashes, code 3 is what I counted. I was told by another diablo owner from another site that it may just be residue in the cats that needs to burn off. Any thoughts?

I have never heard of build up causing a rich code. The last #3 I got required an O2 sensor.

I would first clear it and see if it comes back. If it does, an O2 is easy to fix and relatively inexpensive with the Bosch sensor.

How do I clear the code?

on Lamboweb, they show you in detail.

You have to get to your LIEs behind the passenger seat. Its very straightforward, just dont put your paperclip in the wrong hole.