FS: Superleggera Wheels - Gloss Black

roncfpz

For sale are my 2008 Superleggera wheels custom painted gloss black and clear coated. Only 3k original miles and only 30 miles after custom black paint work. Excellent condition. Please PM offers.

IMG_2444.jpg

Maybe Winter Springs???

Winter Springs, Florida :icon_mrgreen:

Whatever you decide to go with next, do a Verde Ithaca time attack stripe! :icon_super:

Winter Springs, Florida :icon_mrgreen:

Whatever you decide to go with next, do a Verde Ithaca time attack stripe! :icon_super:

He already has another set of rims. Sick black HREs.

I just can't believe that I've NEVER seen a set of SL wheels before. And now, in the matter of about 2 weeks, there have been three sets for sale on Lambo Power alone!

What's up with that??

PM me what you looking to get, i want the oem colored ones

I decided to just powedercoat mine instead. Easier than trying to find someone to buy his black wheels and then swapping with mine, etc.

I decided to just powedercoat mine instead. Easier than trying to find someone to buy his black wheels and then swapping with mine, etc.

Good for you. :eusa_think:

Wheels still available. Taking reasonable offers. :icon_mrgreen:

What do the SL wheels sell for?

Price with other lambo stuff site is $4400+ each wheel.

PM me what you are looking to get for them.

Do they have tires?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't powdercoat those wheels Christian... Too much heat for the Magnesium. Have them painted.

Don't powdercoat those wheels Christian... Too much heat for the Magnesium. Have them painted.

Do you have anything to back that up? I can't find anything

Let me try and clear up some misconceptions of powdercoating magnesium wheels.The ignition temp of magnesium is 1107F degrees and the melting point is 1202F degrees, the temps to powdercoat are 400f for 10-15 minutes hardly high enough to have any detrimental effect on the magnesium.As mentioned this temp may be beneficial to aged magnesium that may have begun to get brittle with time. The shop fires from magnesium was from small shavings or dust catching fire not a thick mass such as a wheel. The issue of stripping is also not an issue as bead blasting to strip the old paint or coating only takes 1-2mil (.001-.002)to give the surface a profile for the powder to stick to, a process that should be done for proper pianting as well. In the past outgassing was more of an issue with magnesium than other CAST substrates, where heating the part to 500F for an hour to open the pores to release gasses trapped during the casting process was needed to keep the gas from coming through the powder during curing, but with modern outgas forgiving additives for our powders this is no longer an issue as the higher temp and time has been eliminated. I have heard the pros and cons from both sides and this is what I have learned,#1 There are many examples of powdercoated wheels out there that have had no powder coating related failures and many happy owners and #2 the naysayers cannot provide any data to back up their claims or provide even one example recorded of a magnesium wheel failure directly related to powdercoating. This is just my opinion as a professional powdercoater.

Do you have anything to back that up? I can't find anything

That was my understanding as well, but please take that discussion elsewhere.

This is a for sale thread, let's respect that. Thanks!

Wheels still available. These are rare and very expensive from the factory. PM offers. The high gloss finish is phenomenal.