So... that was Lamborghini that was...

capt_chaos

Audi stepped into the big boss man seats in 99.

In a couple of days time the clock will hit midnight and we have a new decade. But when you stop and have a look at the decade just gone Lambo have produced some crackers.

1999 / 2000

Diablo GT

2000 / 2001

Diablo 6.0 VT - the first real Lambo that had the Audi brush waved at it.

2001 / 2006

Murciélago

2003 / 2008

Gallardo

2006 / present

Murciélago LP640

2007 / 2008

Gallardo Superleggera

Reventón

2008 / Present

Gallardo LP 560-4

2009 / Present

Murciélago LP670-4 SV

Gallardo LP550-2

That is a pretty impressive output of cars. Wonder what will the company will treat us with into the next decade?

Part of the reason that I got back in. I am really excited to see what they will do with the next 10 years. I love the cars man, and what they have done since the takeover has been pretty awesome if you ask me.

Good post, and very true. In my mind, they've never had a decade even CLOSE to this one and that includes the 90s which produced some great Diablo variants (SV, GT, etc).

Hope we're all having this same conversation on New Year's Eve 2019. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pidu:

Good post, and very true. In my mind, they've never had a decade even CLOSE to this one and that includes the 90s which produced some great Diablo variants (SV, GT, etc).

Hope we're all having this same conversation on New Year's Eve 2019. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pidu:

:iamwithstupid:

I hope Lamborghini will be able to hold it's own so we can enjoy it for many more years to come.

Things I would like to see in the coming decade......

Murcielago replacement

Miura concept car is put into production

New Jalpa (a V-8 powered car could do wonders for the brand)

a four door car (not the Estoque)

I love what Audi has done for the brand but I still want Lambos to be exclusive and rare. I mean, to produce alot of cars and sell them is a good thing financially for the company but for me, it feels like it's "whoring" out the brand. I had never seen a Lambo until 2006 when I saw my first G Spyder, and since then they've been popping up everywhere - even in my neighborhood.

I remember the times when no one even knew what the hell a Lamborghini was and what they stood for.. now it's like "yeah I heard Soulja Boy got one, and 50 cent and etc..."

I love Gallardo's, I really do and it has given a chance for more "regular" people to buy one which is a good thing, but also some people who're not really car people, they just want the coolest most bling bling car to roll around in and show off - so sometimes it feels like the car "cheapens" the brand.

Do anyone understand where I'm coming from?

Anyway, let's hope for another ten great Lamborghini years with new, exciting and outrageous models.

Cheers! :icon_pidu:

I love what Audi has done for the brand but I still want Lambos to be exclusive and rare. I mean, to produce alot of cars and sell them is a good thing financially for the company but for me, it feels like it's "whoring" out the brand. I had never seen a Lambo until 2006 when I saw my first G Spyder, and since then they've been popping up everywhere - even in my neighborhood.

I remember the times when no one even knew what the hell a Lamborghini was and what they stood for.. now it's like "yeah I heard Soulja Boy got one, and 50 cent and etc..."

I love Gallardo's, I really do and it has given a chance for more "regular" people to buy one which is a good thing, but also some people who're not really car people, they just want the coolest most bling bling car to roll around in and show off - so sometimes it feels like the car "cheapens" the brand.

Do anyone understand where I'm coming from?

Anyway, let's hope for another ten great Lamborghini years with new, exciting and outrageous models.

Cheers! :icon_pidu:

I am not sure if they can get any rarer, since its inception in the sixties Lamborghini produced around 15,500 vehicles worldwide, 15,500 cars for 6,700,000,000 people the fact that you saw one in your neighborhood and Soulja Boy owns one means nothing to their rarity, it is only normal to see more of them since the internet is at our finger tips in our pockets everyday.

I want Audi to keep making Lambo stronger so we can enjoy it for many many years to come, I couldn't care less what everybody else is driving as long as I can enjoy one, I am only concerned with what's happening within the boundaries of my own property if my neighbor wants to buy a Lambo more power to him, it only means that my favorite brand is benefiting and in turn us the customers are, all us customers part with serious $ to buy these cars, do we want the dealer networks and servicing departments to start collapsing around us only not to see the likes of 50 cents driving a Lambo??

If you want something exclusive cough up for a Zonda!

I am not sure if they can get any rarer, since its inception in the sixties Lamborghini produced around 15,500 vehicles worldwide, 15,500 cars for 6,700,000,000 people the fact that you saw one in your neighborhood and Soulja Boy owns one means nothing to their rarity, it is only normal to see more of them since the internet is at our finger tips in our pockets everyday.

I want Audi to keep making Lambo stronger so we can enjoy it for many many years to come, I couldn't care less what everybody else is driving as long as I can enjoy one, I am only concerned with what's happening within the boundaries of my own property if my neighbor wants to buy a Lambo more power to him, it only means that my favorite brand is benefiting and in turn us the customers are, all us customers part with serious $ to buy these cars, do we want the dealer networks and servicing departments to start collapsing around us only not to see the likes of 50 cents driving a Lambo??

If you want something exclusive cough up for a Zonda!

I think I should point out that at the point I was writing that I had have a bit too much gin.

You're right, ofcourse I want Lambo to stay alive and keep making great cars, every car enthusiast wants that.

I guess we have different views on this. I don't want everybody to own one, I want to keep it rare, and if it can't get anymore rare than what we have today, fine. I just don't want them to make big numbers like Ferrari.

I want to keep that feeling of excitement and joy everytime I spot one, which is very rarely. But a Ferrari you'll see everytime you take a trip in to town, and it just doesn't feel special.

Funny you mention the Zonda, cause I think Pagani in a way is what Lambo used to be.

But yes, ofcourse I like to see that they're doing better than before and that they'll keep doing that.

And I want the cars to keep being somewhat exclusive as well. :icon_thumleft:

Tev it's fine I understand what you meant but what you want is not going to work, if you want it to stay rare that means they will have to sell less cars, less cars means the company has one choice only, start selling their cars a lot more expensive to keep up with the necessary $ turnover in order to be self sufficient and be profitable, in that sector buyers have a variety of choices, Zonda, Veyron, The Egg etc, price hike will not stop the likes of 50 cent from buying one even if he's not a car guy because he has a lot of $$ so what you want my friend is never going to happen.

Zonda is what Lambo used to be? Zonda is what most cars and businesses used to be, at the beginning, making a good product getting market recognition, getting their name out there until a business man with extremely large pockets or a massive corporation walks in to buy them out and start making 4 doors Zondas so I can take my kids to school in :icon_mrgreen:

You don't have to blame it on the gin I understand where you are coming from but profitability and staying in business dictates otherwise.

I wish you a happy and prosperous new year. :icon_thumleft:

No doubt Lamborghini is going on top by kicking Ferrari... But what to do its too much expensive :(

any idea to fulfill my dreams by purchasing any model of Lamborghini ?

Thanks for help...

No doubt Lamborghini is going on top by kicking Ferrari... But what to do its too much expensive :(

Thanks for help...

uh......what?

Thanks for help...

A Lamborghini Jalpa might be what you are looking for. For $40K you will be able to get a good car.

Tev it's fine I understand what you meant but what you want is not going to work, if you want it to stay rare that means they will have to sell less cars, less cars means the company has one choice only, start selling their cars a lot more expensive to keep up with the necessary $ turnover in order to be self sufficient and be profitable, in that sector buyers have a variety of choices, Zonda, Veyron, The Egg etc, price hike will not stop the likes of 50 cent from buying one even if he's not a car guy because he has a lot of $$ so what you want my friend is never going to happen.

Zonda is what Lambo used to be? Zonda is what most cars and businesses used to be, at the beginning, making a good product getting market recognition, getting their name out there until a business man with extremely large pockets or a massive corporation walks in to buy them out and start making 4 doors Zondas so I can take my kids to school in :icon_mrgreen:

You don't have to blame it on the gin I understand where you are coming from but profitability and staying in business dictates otherwise.

I wish you a happy and prosperous new year. :icon_thumleft:

I understand Fortis, good point.

Haha I hope they won't, but maybe that's what they have to do to survive.

Yes, you're right, I guess that's just the way of running car companies and keep making profits. They gotta do what they gotta to do.

I wish you the same my friend, cheers! :icon_pidu: