Gooding & Co to auction McLaren F1 in Monterey...

Peloton25

Gooding and Company will auction McLaren F1, chassis 066, at their Monterey sale in just a few weeks. While their catalog description does not include an official estimate, I can tell you that expectations are for a high 7-figure selling price. Should be very exciting!

2ewp3k4.jpg

See here for the full catalog description and more photos:

1997 McLaren F1 | Gooding & Company

>8^)

ER

How much did that beautiful blue one that kidstons was advertising sell for recently? Wasnt it a record of some sorts for the F1?

f1 is the best car of all times IMO. i actually would prefer it over f40 or 959. f1 still looks modern despite of it's simplicity.

I think most agree. God knows you could own 8-15 or more of each of those cars for the price of 1 F1 these days! Erik will know better but i feel like the blue one just traded hands for just south of 10million.

I saw a F1 not a long time back and it still surprises me how compact it is (especially in comparison to the F1 GTR Longtail ;), lol ). It has been aging very very well

How much did that beautiful blue one that kidstons was advertising sell for recently? Wasnt it a record of some sorts for the F1?

The $8M figure has been tossed around but I believe it was more than that.

I know of another special road car that brought nearly 8-figures in USD recently. There's also a third car that left Japan with a price tag well into the 8-figure USD range, but I'm still waiting on secondary confirmation of that transaction. Finally one of the F1 LMs recently changed hands for a price in the $16-20M range - again looking for more details as I hate having one source or vague info.

Exciting times for sure, even though I am being further priced out of the market! ;)

>8^)

ER

F1 has been my favorite car since I was a kid and it was still in production. I have the book that came with the car (Driving Ambition) - it's top notch. Never even seen an F1 in person - I think it would be a religious experience for me.

I always said I'd own one someday (back when they were ~$1-2MM), but it's looking increasingly more out of reach each year.

Was that the former Zazz museum car or Ralph Laurens car?

The LM that sold was the one that lived in the ZAZ Museum in Nagoya, Japan.

I have a small suspicion that Lewis Hamilton might be the buyer. Will be interesting to see if it turns up in Monaco.

It is inside MSO's workshops at the moment for some 'fettling'.

>8^)

ER