Countach sunroof...factory installed ???????

88 1/2 QV

Out with my Countach all day today along with a buddy and his Countach....we stop over at this guy's house..... I met him a few years ago and I just hired him to do some work for me....tells me his neighbor has a 1984 Countach....original owner. etc. We stop over in our Countaches to see this car.....turns out he was not home but the car was on the driveway. Supposedly his neighbor, my friend, tells us he was told the sunroof as well as a bunch of other things were factory done especially for this car. I have never seen another Countach with a sunroof.....and it looked right.....did not look like a Kmart/JCWhitney job. Also rear light panel looked different. A bunch of other things looked different as well. See the photos....what do you guys think ???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe -

The sunroof I have never seen, but that tailight reatment I have seen a couple of times - supposedly custom factory jobs for special customers. There was an LP400S that use to show up at Monterey that had it, and the story was that the car was originally built for some Saudi prince who wanted the red material all the way across the back like that, and others saw it and wanted it too.

Steve

PS - How have you and your awesome red machine been?

Hi Joe -

PS - How have you and your awesome red machine been?

Steve,

Very much enjoyed your drive through town in your awesome black Countach....what was that....some 6-7 years ago ??? You know.....to date you are the only person I have allowed to drive my Countach !!!!!!!! I'll never forget it was on a 4th of July and we had to cut through a parade in downtown Barrington.....I think we got more attention than anything else out there that day. That was fun. I still hang around with Phil, the sign guy. He has a black/tan 88 1/2 QV next door to him at his shop that I am trying to buy from its owner. Supposedly the guy has lost interest in it and I think I will be getting it at a bargain price. Whether I keep it or not depends on how good of a bargain I can get. I'll keep you informed. How's Tim Engel ?? I have not been active with the Lotus guys but I still have both my Esprits. The Countach seems to be getting the most action lately. That 1984 I posted about above may be for sale and my friend, his neighbor is interested in it. That car has only 14,000 km and he is the original owner. Dean, my friend, tells me this guy only drives that car a couple of times each year. Let's see what happens. Hey, I have photos of our get together that time you were in town. I'll scan them and post them here one of these days. Nice hearing from you again.

Joe

If your friend passes and that Countach come on the market, please PM me. I am ready and want at CT with uncovered taillights. Hell I will give you my rare signed photo of Allan driving his Ferrari :lol: as a finders fee

Thanks

Vinnie

Where does the sunroof retract to??? It looks like it would end up in the engine bay?

Also never seen a rear bumper like that... Thats worse than the toasters...

Good looking car though! :supz:

I think the sunroof is removable only. I want this car :prayer:

Ahhhh... That would be pretty cool...

Ill be rooting for you man-

Is it possible to move the camera a little bit to the right :twisted: ? (Only the first pic)

Nice car.

Is it possible to move the camera a little bit to the right :twisted: ? (Only the first pic)

Nice car.

Joe R's wife?!

I noticed that too. :twisted:

-James Miller

Nice car.

Joe R's wife?!

-James Miller

I thought you wanted Buffy ? :shock:

Nice car.

Joe R's wife?!

-James Miller

I thought you wanted Buffy ? :shock:

HELL YES I PREFER BUFFY!!!

But, when I do my jokes Thread, I mention Joe R's Wife quite a bit, so I wanted to see pics of her. I used to mention JimmyJ's Wife, and she sent me pics! ;)

-James Miller

I'm going to have to say after the car assembly for that sunroof. I used to install sunroofs (electric too) in the mid 80's. That's pretty much the same thing. But the factory could done the same thing........

• 2 months later...

Remember this car ?? Well one week before Christmas my buddy who lives next door this car's owner emailed me and told me I had to drive by and see this car again. You will be shocked with this................

This guy had left this car out on his driveway since the day I took them photos and now the car sat under one foot of snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a crime !!!!!!!!!!!

We had lots of snow early in december and this car sat outside under those conditions......and this guy is the original owner.....bought the car new back in 1984......he must have gone totally wacko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame !!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

Remember this car ?? Well one week before Christmas my buddy who lives next door this car's owner emailed me and told me I had to drive by and see this car again. You will be shocked with this................

This guy had left this car out on his driveway since the day I took them photos and now the car sat under one foot of snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a crime !!!!!!!!!!!

We had lots of snow early in december and this car sat outside under those conditions......and this guy is the original owner.....bought the car new back in 1984......he must have gone totally wacko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame !!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

why oh why would anyone do that to a c/t ??? !!!!!!! i cant imagine the snow and freezing water getting into all those nooks and crannies would be good.

Sounds like an "intervention" is in oder...

Who's with me?

Sounds like an "intervention" is in oder...

Who's with me?

I am there :lol: will this be the 1st L-P group buy :lol:

Maybe we should pay a vist to China Man Conection as well

It's bad BUT not that bad. Sitting in snow, which is basically water, won't do much damage....driving in the snow/salt/sand will.

Now, both of you go over the house and throw a Pepboys/AutoZone car cover over it.....something....then see the look on his face.....tell them the Lamborghini community couldn't take it any longer.

I do have the owner's phone number. My buddy gave me it....just don't know if the owner approved it so I have held back from calling this guy. I have not seen my buddy because of the holidays and all but we'll probably do breakfast one of these Sundays and I'll get the updated scoop on this thing.