Not what you expect to show up at a dragstrip

Tara

One thing i don't understand is the whole selling of the lisence plates. Can somebody explain this to me?

Fuckn' Dubai!!  :axe:  :axe: I'm moving there.

yes Dubai to live in, Umm Al Quain (UAQ-thats where the drag took place) to drag :mrgreen:

Ok you trailer the car to the drag strip and then drag with it.  Make total sense to me!

um.... are you being saracastic?

Yes very sarcastic.

Ok you trailer the car to the drag strip and then drag with it.  Make total sense to me!

um.... are you being saracastic?

Yes very sarcastic.

Well I'd say the owners probably don't want to put miles on the cars by driving them to the drag strip. Who knows how far a trip it is from the owners to the drag strip, I don't think the middle east is riddled with drag strips.

Another reason, which more people use in my line of racing, if the car breaks something at the track you don't have to worry about how your going to get it home.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing i don't understand is the whole selling of the lisence plates. Can somebody explain this to me?

From what I gather, and msindi can probably better explain it, people pay more for certain license plates. If they have a certain number or series of numbers they are more exclusive and cost more. Seems that the DMV there has brokers who sell certain plates to the highest bidder. It's odd, but I guess spending 250K on a watch is odd to me, but some pay 250K for a watch to stand out from the crowd, so people over there are willing to pay alot of money to get a certain numbered plate, so they stand out from everyone else. Over there, it's not good enough to just have a Rolls Royce Phantom, it has to have an expensive numbered license plate too.

-James Miller

What sucks about those white robe outfits is that they usually arent wearing any underwear or anything else beneath them for that matter. You really got to be carefull when taking a dump not to mention wiping...

From what I gather, and msindi can probably better explain it, people pay more for certain license plates. If they have a certain number or series of numbers they are more exclusive and cost more. Seems that the DMV there has brokers who sell certain plates to the highest bidder. It's odd, but I guess spending 250K on a watch is odd to me, but some pay 250K for a watch to stand out from the crowd, so people over there are willing to pay alot of money to get a certain numbered plate, so they stand out from everyone else. Over there, it's not good enough to just have a Rolls Royce Phantom, it has to have an expensive numbered license plate too.

-James Miller

Thanks James