Differences between QV and 25th anniversary

robl45

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Countach soon. It has been a dream of mine for quite some time. I have read a number of sites, but am wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of the differences between the Quattrovalve and the Anniversary edition. I know the anniversary has the ugly body skirts, electric seats, power windows, electric locks and such. Does the QV have these things? I believe it does not have power windows, but I seem to see it had power locks, also no power seats. But I assume they have air conditioning. So if anyone has a site or a list of the features of each year of the QV and anniversary or something similar, I would appreciate it. Also, pros and cons of each model would be nice.

Thanks

Rob

QV has A/C (88.5 QV has the same A/C as the 25th and some of the early Diablos)

QV has power door locks.

SUPPOSADLY the 25th has WIDER more COMFORTABLE seats, but thats not my experience AT ALL... I am a big guy and tried on BOTH before I bought... the QV was MUCH more comfortable... I think it has to do with the "secret compartments" in the door sills of the 25th (which by the way, must make backing up a REAL problem- Id be afraid to sit on that.)

As far as power seats the 25th has them, the QV doesnt- WHO CARES? Youre going to find a position that feels good, and then youll want to MIG WELD it into that position permanently... The LAST thing you want is to accidently hit the seat adjustment once youve found the sweet spot...

No power windows in the qv, but they only roll down about 2 inches ANYWAYS...

If you ask Mike Pullen at Carrera Sport, he reckons Chrysler made a bit of a hash of the 25th. I recall he mantioned, among other things, the sheer weight of the gearbox compared to the QV - I'm sure he implied the 25th is a heavier and slower car because of all the add-ons and changes Chrysler made. Basically they tried to make it into a more American supercar. During the 25th's unveiling, at which Mike was present, the Chrysler chief exec got no applause when he took the stage, whereas Feruccio's guest appearance caused an ovation. In Mike's opinion the QV is the ultimate Countach and the last one that was a true thoroughbred Lambo.

A great example is the power windows - what true sportscar manufacturer would add in that huge window motor with all the extra weight, just to open the window 2"? The 25th was given over to luxury over performance. It was a fat car.

If you ask Mike Pullen at Carrera Sport...In Mike's opinion the QV is the ultimate Countach  

i think mike said S1 was ultimate countach with QV ;)

The '86 Euro downdraft did not come with electric/remote door locks.

the QV was MUCH more comfortable... BETTER TO SAY THE QV IS LESS UNCOMFORTABLE THAN THE 25TH IMO.

Nothing like driving the C/T 600-700 km the same day, get home then jump in a "normal" car to go buy a couple of things from the store - other cars seem like toys! Bit that's what it's all about. Hell, even the smell that's left in the garage when you park a hot C/T is fine with me.

Alex

My '87 has remote power locks but I think that's down to the after market remote alarm system.

My '87 has remote power locks but I think that's down to the after market remote alarm system.

Well thats what I'm trying to figure out, some say the QV's have power locks, some say they don't, whats the verdict? Also, do the QV's and 25th's all have standard radio openings and what are the speaker locations like? I think I'm leaning towards the QV at this point. Also, what is the deal with the back bumpers? Some seem to have the european back and some seem to have the US type. I'm talking about in the states here. Do you just change the back bumper to european type if its the US type.?

Thanks

Rob

There is a thread here regarding converting the the rear bumpers... Not real easy as many of the factory parts are NLA... However, it can be done...

I have my QV Owners Manuals (both Euro and American)- it shows Central door locks on all versions.

Can someone tell me about the stereos in both models, are the radio holes standard and do both models have the same configuration of speakers? Also, what is that configuration.

Thanks

Rob

What are the odds of finding a QV without sideskirts in european trim with carbs, wing and A/C in the US?

Theyre out there... We have several members with that very car...

The question is: Is that what you REALLY want?

Depending on where you live the Downdraft may be impossible to pass emissions.

And face it... YOU WANT UGLY ASS SKIRTS!!! You just dont know it!

87's started the door lock crap. The gearbox was the same in all QV's and 25th. They only sold more because they made more of the 25ths.

I love ALL Countachs, but the Euro Downdraft IS the one to have :supz: :heart: :supz: :heart:

And face it... YOU WANT UGLY ASS SKIRTS!!!  You just dont know it!

:lol: :lol: so true i didn't know how beautiful they are

Romandad you saved my life, now i can see the TRUE, MY SIDESKIRT GOD

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

i am looking for sideskirt for mine RIGHT NOW ...ALSO TIAMOVELOCE want them for the LP400

87's started the door lock crap. The gearbox was the same in all QV's and 25th. They only sold more because they made more of the 25ths.

I love ALL Countachs, but the Euro Downdraft IS the one to have :supz:  :heart:  :supz:  :heart:

Mike: They sold more because the demand for the car was greater. They had intended to produce the Anniveersary car in a small limited amount but demand forced them to build more to meet that demand.

What are the odds of finding a QV without sideskirts in european trim with carbs, wing and A/C in the US?

Theyre out there... We have several members with that very car...

The question is: Is that what you REALLY want?

Depending on where you live the Downdraft may be impossible to pass emissions.

And face it... YOU WANT UGLY ASS SKIRTS!!! You just dont know it!

I live in Florida, we have no emissions testings, so yes, thats one one I want if it is possible to find. What would I pay for a car like that?

They are definitely more expensive... There was one listed in Dupont recently- Figure 100K min all the way up to $140 or $150.

They are definitely more expensive...  There was one listed in Dupont recently-    Figure 100K min all the way up to $140 or $150.

what are prices for a US one with the euro lights? Are they significantly cheaper?

Euro lights???

US car FI $70-$100 for a driver.

Either way, expect to spend a fairly significant amount of money in initial maintanaince to go over the car and fix what isnt right/tune it.

Euro lights???

US car FI $70-$100 for a driver.

Either way, expect to spend a fairly significant amount of money in initial maintanaince to go over the car and fix what isnt right/tune it.

So whats the best way to find one? I've looked through a number of sites, ebay,hemmings, dupont registry, and not really any luck.