6-Speed or e-gear? (for MY 2006)

andreas_mue

Guest SP_wEaZeL

6 speed all the way! Welcome to the board.

-Mark

6 speed in sweet but the new E Gear is incredible. That is a hard choice but you have already taken care of the really easy choice which is coming to the dark side and joining the house of the BULL!!!!!!!!!!!! :supz: :supz: :supz:

Depends on if you want to be totally connected to the car in a "purist" sense or want the technological advantage of having everything done for you. For me, nothing is better than the "click-clack" of the shifter moving through the gate as you work through the gears. I think it's the satisfaction knowing that you have mastered (or are in the process of mastering) such a true artform. Just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

6 speed.e-gear is for seniors

I was trying to be nice, but you said it best. Didn't you know? E-Gear stand for Elderly-Gear :finga:

Thank you very much guys!

Here in germany 2 dealers independently told me that they sell 90% of their gallardos with e-gear. Although I've never driven the e-gear I definitely prefer manual. Just wanted a confirmation of you experienced drivers!

They also told me that the navigation-system is a must. I think that is BS, isn't it?

I think that A navigation system is a must in any well driven vehicle; however, I think that STOCK navigation systems are, for the most part, total crap. You cannot beat the new Alpine Nav that have live traffic and construction updating and rerouting. It is hands down the best. That, with a new head unit would run you about $4K installed. Probably the same or less than the factory one with 100 times better results.

Enjoy, and glad to hear about the manual choice!! I think people are getting even more lazy and that is why so many buy e-gear cars. I just can't standing having to have my hands at "ten and two" all the time if I am not on the track!

Everyone talks up the manual but almost no-one buys them. The 90% take up rate for e-gear is about right.

To be honest, I can't imagine driving a manual Gallardo. It would be a totally different experience to the e-gear.

But try them both and buy the one you like.

i'm an old school kinda guy but i've driven a bit and been driven a lot in an e-gear G (mhh above) and now i can't imagine it any other way.

E gear if you want to get every drop of performance from your car......... 6 speed is fun but supposedly it isn't a cakewalk replicating facotry performance times with stick.

Depends on your application --- if it's a fun/weekend car, 6-speed as you feel more connected to the car. But if it's a daily use/driven often within the city car, e-gear as getting stuck in traffic playing with the clutch, IMO, is no fun especially at the end of a long day and inching in bumper to bumper traffic under bad weather, you (and especially your left foot) get tired (frustrated) rapidly. If it's for the occasional track use and you consider yourself a great driver, 6-speed. But to get max. performance from the car without a lot of effort and with a low learning curve, e-gear. Try them both, consider the above and see which one fits you more. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

all F1 race cars have e-gear. Are race car driver all senior? the truth is paddle shift are the best for track. It is like when PC were getting popular, there were always people who insisted on using typewriter to type. Or some people always said turntable is better then CD player. One is the past, the other is the future. Welcome to the future. :finga:

all F1 race cars have e-gear. Are race car driver all senior? the truth is paddle shift are the best for track. It is like when PC were getting popular, there were always people who insisted on using typewriter to type. Or some people always said turntable is better then CD player. One is the past, the other is the future. Welcome to the future. :finga:

FYI you get better sound quality with vinyl than you do with CD.Past is not necessarily bad.

Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream: Which one do you guys think will taste better to me?

Catch my drift Andreas? ;)

Drive both, it's the only answer. One is not better than the other. It's simply different.

I thought I'd never do an egear, but after driving a couple of them, I'm sold! That's what I'm looking for now. Something about it makes me feel like I'm in a real F1 car! :supz:

FYI you get better sound quality with vinyl than you do with CD.Past is not necessarily bad.

Absolutely! It's no where as convenient but vinyl is still the ultimate, and that includes DVD-A, SACD, XRCD, etc...

Back to the topic: Andreas, try them both and decide, it's your car and you will choose how and where you are going to use it. It is entirely a personal preference.