25th for sale

lambo1

Lot a miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Is 40K mile that high for a robust 5L v12. May be that car was driven enough so that you could use it everyday! :) and it probably got maintained. That is 6.6K year. Almost a daily driver.

I'm slightly disappointed in my fellow Countach brethren. You guys know that all Countach odometers read in Kilometers. So, 40,440 KM is really only 25,000 miles. Not really that many for a 16 year old car. More than a garage queen, but certainly not used up. Shoot, I put 300+ miles on mine just this past Saturday :mrgreen: I do think we should let this dealer keep thinking it has the high miles, and someone here can get a good deal. If I could only get my wife to warm up to another Countach :)

Is 40K mile that high for a robust 5L v12. May be that car was driven enough so that you could use it everyday! :) and it probably got maintained. That is 6.6K year. Almost a daily driver.

Well it's high for a collectable, not a driver. Cars that have been driven are better to drive than cars that have no miles.

My 79 Counatch has 700 miles per year for 27 years (18,000 miles or 30,000 KM) That car you just get in and drive.

There is a Counatch in Canada that has 1,250 miles or 2,000 KM that is a better show car. If you just get in to drive things will break.

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily so....mine only has 7000 miles on the clock but is driven most weekends for at least an hour.....and most importantly.....hard. This is the main thing, these engines welcome a good spanking. If you pussyfoot, dont hit the high revs etc...then you will have problems. Old school & proper. :twisted:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. With 7000 on it my current 25th has dynoed just shy of 500bhp / 404 lbft, so is running well despite the low miles. Personally, I am still struck by the fact that every time I see my car, it looks as though it has literally just rolled out of the factory- for me that is important & is only possible with a well maintained low milage car. (sorry but restorations aren't the same)

Good looking car! I also had the good fortune to purchase a low mileage Countach and the original owners' family had a major tune up done at the factory before selling the car to me - no issues ever since. But, IMO, keeping it low mileage is a sin. I have had my Countach for a little over 5 years and have put on average of about 3,000 km per year - 4 or 5 weekends a year I take it on a 500 km journey - either through the Alps, to a track or drive to the Bologna area - the rest is done locally. Driving it offers the maximum pleasure - much more than looking at it. My 2 cents. Alex

As I said, it's a matter of opinion. For me it's a catch 22, the Countach more than any other car offers two superb experiences. Firstly, I agree it is a fantastic driving experience....but it's also a marvel just to gorp at. It would sadden me to see mine deteriorate- even slightly. Every time i go to the garage it still pleases me just as much as the 1st time just to admire it.

That is why I know a guy who bought 2. One beater to drive after he got a low 3K mile original. He just did not feel driving the low mileage car. but since he is a mecahnic, I guess he saves on repairs cost....

I enjoy searching for a specific model/color/year of car my Euro black Downdraft w/o side skirts took me almost 3 years to locate - at that time there was much more selection but 80% of the QVs were either white or red. Then the task of restoring the car to practically "new" status begins. The satisfaction during this phase is immense - and you get to "know" your car. IMO the best "age" to purchase a Lamborghini is when the car is between 12 and 15 years old. At this point the depreciation stops and begins to appreciate. Parts are usually still available for vehicles of this age and the future collection value is clearer.

I'm slightly disappointed in my fellow Countach brethren. You guys know that all Countach odometers read in Kilometers.

Not mine. It's a US car and the odo is in miles. It's an '84 and has just under 15k miles on it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. With 7000 on it my current 25th has dynoed just shy of 500bhp / 404 lbft, so is running well despite the low miles. Personally, I am still struck by the fact that every time I see my car, it looks as though it has literally just rolled out of the factory- for me that is important & is only possible with a well maintained low milage car. (sorry but restorations aren't the same)

I will agree with most of this, I love low mile show cars that can also be driven.

My Silhouette is 28 years old with 4,7000 miles on it and as most of you know people say it is the best one on earth.

That Red/Tan Downdraft 25th you have is perfect, I would love to have it.

The 79' LP400S that I have is great with 18,000 miles on it, but I wish it looked as good as your 89.

Is 40K mile that high for a robust 5L v12. May be that car was driven enough so that you could use it everyday! :)  and it probably got maintained.  That is 6.6K year. Almost a daily driver.

Well it's high for a collectable, not a driver. Cars that have been driven are better to drive than cars that have no miles.

My 79 Counatch has 700 miles per year for 27 years (18,000 miles or 30,000 KM) That car you just get in and drive.

There is a Counatch in Canada that has 1,250 miles or 2,000 KM that is a better show car. If you just get in to drive things will break.

This is the car Tony mentioned, in the spring of 2000. I put the trip odo kms on it. I talked to the owner last week, he's driven it around the block twice now since then.

Is 40K mile that high for a robust 5L v12. May be that car was driven enough so that you could use it everyday! :)  and it probably got maintained.  That is 6.6K year. Almost a daily driver.

This is the car Tony mentioned, in the spring of 2000. I put the trip odo kms on it. I talked to the owner last week, he's driven it around the block twice now since then.

Yummy !!

He has driven it twice since 2000 :( .

That is why I know a guy who bought 2. One beater to drive after he got a low 3K mile original. He just did not feel driving the low mileage car. but since he is a mecahnic, I guess he saves on repairs cost....

This is my next step, a really nice >5000 mile garage queen

:)