Least expensive countach?

Ecnal

What's the least expensive Countach right now? I'm talking about a driver, no stories car. Is it the anniv model? Like many here, I probably prefer the earlier cars, but I have to admit the 25th's without the wing are growing on me. Are they done depreciating?

I keep trying to talk myself into getting a C.

I would say an early QV FI. And its strange too.... When I was looking there were no shortage of 25ths for sale all the time, but they seem to run a little higher than the qvs which I really had to hunt for...

I think it is the 5000s 2 valve cars, with FI. QVs and annivs seem to be a little more. I really think it comes down to finding the car. The Anniv cars are probably the best value right now as there are a lot for sale and the seem, in general, to be in better condition then most CTs I have seen. They also (with the QV) have the advantage of the engine being USA legal from the factory. Some of the things done to these cars, to make them us legal, in the early 80s ruined drivablity and cost big $$$$ to correct

I think of myself as not vain and that I don't care what anyone thinks, but I could not stand to be seen in that kit car. I don't think I'd drive it around for a week for less than $1000.

Feliipe:

I am with you with the late 400S. No one seems to want these and they always had bad press. In fact we all should buy them for spare parts. But i'll say that the 5000S 2V is usually cheaper sale than the FI QV , albeit it has usually more prone to mechanical problems.

The thing is you can turn the FI QV is a more powerfull car because you already have the 4v.

Ultimately I really think it depends on the particular case. If cost would be a primary issue. I'll buy a QV FI because it is likely will cost less in the long run everything given equal.

I'd guess a late 400S....doesn't have the special low body, and is weakest in power. Otherwise an FI 5000 would sound right.

IMHO.

i add that S2 weight as much as a 5 liter countach

Thanks for the info.  Now:  how do you convince a wife you need 2 lambos?

You drop the bad news, when she is in a great mood. (My trick)

Of course sometimes you end up sleeping with woofie. (Happened to a friend).

or

You keep it hidden for years :shock: . (This is what I did with motorcycles and one car) !

>

Humm... interesting idea. But how drive it? May be we can pretend that we are holding the car in our garage to make a friend a favor (a collector friend pays into the game) and of course we have to do the maintenance driving. I like the creativity of this..

humm.....

Funny, I told a pain in the ass guy, who does my stone work, that my car is a friend of mine and I'm storing and restoring it for him. Told him my friend owes me alot of money so far. Next is to tell him that he might not be able to pay and that he's willing to sell me the car cheap. LOL!

BTW, if you have to lie or hide the car from a wife, then she's not the right one for you....or anyone else. :twisted:

>

Well Peter, that is no joke! I can tell you that contractors quoting has become a real issue for me too. Quotes from contractors who look into the garage seem to be higher from the one I get over the phone before they look at the house and in the garage. It gets to be a real problem that starts pissing me off big time :x

One guy I called for a $100 electrical fix billed me $750 for a complete breaker panel rewiring (did not call me before the work to tell me he would make it perfect). Then another guy wanted to charge me $800 for what another quoted $350. Now it seems that getting any work done is a fight so I'll certainly will be using your story...

Anyone else experieced lamborghini home repair quotes?

This stone guy.... throws at me "ahhhhh you fuckin cheap....you got money".

Always woos me with cheap prices then tries to bust my chops when I starting thinking of expanding the work.

But I just had a guy come for an estimate on central air/air purification etc. I told him the Jaguar, Mercedes (my girlfriends), and the Lambo...... "oh hell no, they're renters...mine is the 93 Civic and the Echo is my girlfriends......Still quoted me the most elaborate Trane system at $26,500!

I always deny I have nice cars.