More on the new 997GT3

Mako

they make great cars....the gt3 is great, but for gods sake, i have no clue why its not 3.8 liter, 440 HP:) :supz:

Awesome machine. 3095 lbs is very light.

One thing that is quite odd with the design is how short the wheelbase is compared to the lenght of the car. Increasing it would probably help stability and cornering capacity. I understand about the rear-overhangs (rear-engine), but the front has a long overhang too...

-Olivier

It is possible the RS, is going to be very special. They may distance the RS, from even the mighty GT3. There is a low black wide body (Turbo body/without Turbo accents) running around, that is rumored to be the factory RS mule.

Supposedly the RS is coming to N.A.

Everyday takes forever waiting for this car....Dealer told me to expect an August delivery date if all goes well.

Dave, your going for a Z to a gt3? this is gonna be such a great contrast, all that power vs the finesse of the Gt3, cool!

Yep...drove the Z last night and I am going to see a huge diff in the power going to the GT3. I love my Z...it's violent. The Porsche like you said is finesse. A scalpel compared to my baseball bat! LOL

I gotta find me a good exhaust and intake for that GT3....

and thank god for it, theres ppl u wanna use a scalpel on and ppl that require a bat, both are great cars, and its funny i feel like this new C6 Z gets all the hoopla when the one you have was just as good on a "for the money basis"....I like the looks of urs better too, now drop in an LS7 lol. actually, what does ur car have done? might kick an LS7 a$$...

I can hand a new Z it's butt. Blown, intercooled, meth'd, and full roadrce suspension among other things. :supz:

I can hand a new Z it's butt. Blown, intercooled, meth'd, and full roadrce suspension among other things.  :supz:

awwwwsome.

Car may come standard with 30lbs of a sunroof unit. You also basically get the nav unit for free with the car. You have to option the nav unit, as a delete. So most cars, will more than likely have the nav unit as standard.

You cannot get a 997 without a sunroof. It is mandatory. Here you go again. - I think they will have to crash quite a few cars, to sell what amounts to an optioned car without a sunroof. Most of the buyers will be happy to buy the car with the sunroof.

Perhaps if we somehow get the RS, it will be the hardcore serious track weapon.

The 430 CS will have lexan windows and a rollbar. 430CS is a light car.

I think that they will find a loophole to get a sunroofless model in, the last one was...

I think that they will find a loophole to get a sunroofless model in, the last one was...

I hope so. However I believe you could buy a regular 996 without a sunroof. I understand you cannot buy any 997 without a sunroof. It is mandatory in the USA.

I agree, a mandatory sunroof would be a shame. I haven't heard that the nav will be standard, but I'm not objecting too much to that since the car will see more road time than track time with my schedule.

Any word on whether we will be able to opt for the CGT seats? I hear it may not be an available option for the US cars....another sucky rumor. :(

I agree, a mandatory sunroof would be a shame. I haven't heard that the nav will be standard, but I'm not objecting too much to that since the car will see more road time than track time with my schedule.

Any word on whether we will be able to opt for the CGT seats? I hear it may not be an available option for the US cars....another sucky rumor. :(

I do not think those CGT seats, will meet DOT regs. I am sure it will not be a problem, buying the genuine seat from people, bringing them in from Europe.

The sunroof is an option in the UK. However at this time, it (may) be a problem for the NA market. Another rumor, is that the RS (of course the RS, is the more hardcore car) will be the more hardcore car, without the NAV, PASM, and sunroof etc... - The GT3, will become more of a car, that can be driven everyday.

The CGT seats wont get here. they dont allow for a thorax airbag, they are as good as done, even though in reality they are safer, thank god for bullshit red tape. The sunroof really shouldnt be in the car however, terrible weight gain in the worst place..:(

The CGT seats wont get here. they dont allow for a thorax airbag, they are as good as done, even though in reality they are safer, thank god for bullshit red tape.  The sunroof really shouldnt be in the car however, terrible weight gain in the worst place..:(

Stupidity !!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't you just luuuuuuuuuuv the "stupidity" of the U.S. government ?????

ooooooooh yes they are stupid.

With no alternative energy over the horizon, compartmentalized fundamentalist Muslim terrorism, problems in Iraq and elsewhere, Offensive covert Ehray-knee'un nuclear weapons programs, economy issues, Chinese expansion into our core markets, severe pension troubles at GM that will have very bad consequences for the corporation and the country, drugs, crime, illegal aliens, pollution, hurricaines/weather issues, outsourcing key jobs, Aids, problems with our European allies, globalization, no more Star Trek with William Shatner, poor public education, a future Flu pandemic ?, out of hand government spending, the destruction of the middle class, unemployment, corporate competitiveness, costs of medical care and the lack of affordable health insurance, foreign debt, and thirty other key important areas, and they WORRY about a fcuking thorax airbag ???????????? :-s

STUPID fcuking GOVERNMENT

Oh my gosh. Perhaps I would be a criminal, if I purchased the European market seat with a thorax airbag ???? It is not supposed to be on our highways :lol: