599 GTBarf trivia and tidbits

Mako

-6.0L V12, 620hp, 448ft/lbs.

-F1 gearbox improved to 100ms intervals between shifts versus F430's 150ms.

-No electronically controlled differential as in F430, but has a new ESP mode called "F1 Track" which promises "20% better grip out of turns while under power".

-Top speed 205mph.

-90lbs. lighter than 575M

-Ferrari is quoting an extrmely fast 0 to 200kph (124mph) time of "11.0 seconds".

Cars don't get lighter, they get heavier.

So the "Barf" :lol: being 90lbs less is impressive considering the addition of the emissions/safety/noise gear that the 575 never had to offer.

It is.

An F40 logs 11.2 in that same mark, an SLR 11.0. A Porsche CGT comes in around 10.7, and an Enzo at 10.3.

That is a fast car. Too bad it does not look very good... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Olivier

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not THAT bad, I've seen worse, but it certainly aint no hottie. It's like an average-looking, high-maintenance-daughter of a old-money rich family. You are only with her for the connections and the status... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Olviier

It is.  

An F40 logs 11.2 in that same mark, an SLR 11.0. A Porsche CGT comes in around 10.7, and an Enzo at 10.3.

SLR and CGT are much faster and so is the Enzo. the Murcielago can do it in 11.4.

I think the nuew murcielago will do it in high 10s :twisted:

It is.  

SLR and CGT are much faster and so is the Enzo. the Murcielago can do it in 11.4.

I think the nuew murcielago will do it in high 10s :twisted:

The times I quoted aren't guesses Nima. They come from Sport Auto supertest data, which has the cars together at the same time, under the same conditions, with the same driver. Very reliable. The Murcie came in around the mid-12s.

That being said, I don't believe actual testing will bear out this Barf time of 11.0 seconds, just as the CGT doesn't live up to its 9.9 second mfg time. In the real world, things have a habit of falling a little short of mfg hype. :D

07 Murci vs. 599???

Any thoughts...

Murci even with the facelift is not that new lookswise whereas 599 is...

Then again, Murci is AWD and with more HP/TQ and a real sports car (i dont think front engined tourers are sports cars LOL)

I hate to say it over here, but I will even with fear of being bashed. I have to say the 599 is growing on me, especially with the rumored 7 speed f1, it should fly.