Jalpa Urraco thread

THECARREAPER

i just thought we needed to get back to normal again.

post some pics!

both of these were mine and are now sold, but you get the idea.

Chelle, Goober, and Mike ,...post some pics of your cars !!

Michael

dunno how my Browning 1919 got in there.... i will leave it though, it has its own personality!

... :icon_pidu: ...

post-3289-1170765351_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765362_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765374_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765384_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765395_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765406_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765422_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765433_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765618_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765630_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765648_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765660_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765698_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765712_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1170765793_thumb.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!!!

Guess I won't be coming over to steal any of your cars!

great pics RHYNO,

i never had the nerve to buy one from outside of the USA. i would love a PM on anything you learned in the process. is it any different getting the car titled, registered or insured? i am only asking as some cool cars pop up in canada, but i have no clue what to look for to prevent the transaction going sour.

post more pics!

CARREAPER, I never imported my Jalpa into the USA. I'm from B.C. and bought the car out of Alberta, no problem what so ever bringing it from provience to provience. There is a really sweet Jalpa for sale in Canada right now, check out exoticaronline.com It only has 700K on it!!!! I would post more pic's but I'm living in Sunny PHX so I havn't seen my Jalpa since Xmas :crybaby2:

Posting a picture of my urraco... First picture ever on internet :eusa_dance:

The yellow foghlights is going to be removed guring this spring. I don't think this is very nice.

Allso sorry for the dirty interior ;)

DSC00401.JPG

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00404.JPG

CARREAPER, I never imported my Jalpa into the USA. I'm from B.C. and bought the car out of Alberta, no problem what so ever bringing it from provience to provience. There is a really sweet Jalpa for sale in Canada right now, check out exoticaronline.com It only has 700K on it!!!! I would post more pic's but I'm living in Sunny PHX so I havn't seen my Jalpa since Xmas :crybaby2:

sotty, i have seen your posts from Phoenix , and thought you had the car with you. i wont be able to buy anything until my 77 308 GTB sells. :( but i will go to the link you posted and look at the other car anyway!

thanks for the reply,

michael

Posting a picture of my urraco... First picture ever on internet :eusa_dance:

The yellow foghlights is going to be removed guring this spring. I don't think this is very nice.

Allso sorry for the dirty interior ;)

very nice car, i love the black interior!

i thought the yellow lights were correct for your car? do what makes YOU happy ! :icon_super:

thank you for sharing these pics with us!

michael

very nice car, i love the black interior!

i thought the yellow lights were correct for your car? do what makes YOU happy ! :icon_super:

thank you for sharing these pics with us!

michael

I'm looking forward to change the belt and really be able to use the car this summer.. Yes, the upper lights i'm going to leave like it is, but remove the small ones.

BTW: what is the black metal cover over your gearbox? I dont think I have seen that on urracos before.

Pics?

Sure!!

:)

Here's a few of our P250

I need to do a real web page documenting all our projects...

There's a pic below of the carriage house I painted it in Hung plastic and covered up the boat and P-cars.. I'm starting with some early pics - when we first finished it.

Chelle

Chelle, You may or may not know but I, and some here, have been trying to figure out the color of my blue Countach.

Please, tell me what color blue is the car. And if a Lambo color, what is the color code?

Thanks in advance!

Chelle, You may or may not know but I, and some here, have been trying to figure out the color of my blue Countach.

Please, tell me what color blue is the car. And if a Lambo color, what is the color code?

Thanks in advance!

Peter,

Sorry,t's not a factory color, we spent about 3 hours going through the paint chip books before deciding on that one. i still have the can with the code on it - will try and get over to identify it for you in the next couple days. I love how that color changes depending on the light. At night it looks like a lot darker blue.

Chelle

I'm finally going to purchase the belts for my Urraco. I'm oredering the belts from a guy in Sweden. Then it was the questions of the bearings. Some of you used SKF bearings? where can i get those, and does somebody have a parts number? An other option is ordering the bearings original from lamborghini. I dont know what is the best thing to do.

My Urraco also needs some new tires.. Does anybody have some good experiences? What brand wil fit like the originals? The originals is Michelin XvX and four brand new ones would be quite expensive..

Best regards Daniel

I'm finally going to purchase the belts for my Urraco. I'm oredering the belts from a guy in Sweden. Then it was the questions of the bearings. Some of you used SKF bearings? where can i get those, and does somebody have a parts number? An other option is ordering the bearings original from lamborghini. I dont know what is the best thing to do.

My Urraco also needs some new tires.. Does anybody have some good experiences? What brand wil fit like the originals? The originals is Michelin XvX and four brand new ones would be quite expensive..

Best regards Daniel

Daniel,

here's the original Lambo part.. it's SKF, just go to your local bearing supplier and ask them to cross reference the number or take one of your old ones to any local bearing supplier. They can measure it and give you a modern replacement.

I honestly don't remember what tires we put on #15732.. will try and get out there and take a look. Personally I didn't like the way the XWX's handled.. we went with original size, but a different manufacturer.

Chelle

bearing.jpg

Daniel,

here's the original Lambo part.. it's SKF, just go to your local bearing supplier and ask them to cross reference the number or take one of your old ones to any local bearing supplier. They can measure it and give you a modern replacement.

Chelle

I would bring them the number so they can cross reference it. Is it the same bearings inn all four places??

I would bring them the number so they can cross reference it. Is it the same bearings inn all four places??

Yes, it's the same even the bearing for the alternator/water pump tensioner is the same :)

Hope this helps!

On a side note.. wondering why the pics I posted vanished.. anyone know? The bearing pic is still there but none of our cars

Chelle

Ok! great! Then i could just cross refernce the number and get the right bearings. Wonderful, you all are very helpfull! Thank you so Mutch. I can't wait for summer and going for a spin in the urraco with no worries about the timingbelt ;)

Whats left when the belt is done is four new tires, and some gas! :eusa_dance:

If you could check the manufacturer of your tires when you got the time it would be great Chelle :)

My pictures vanished too.. I dont know why, but it seems like som strange things has been going on with this forum lately :eusa_think:

Best Regards

Daniel

Here are some pics of mine. I am gearing up for a round of repairs. This Jalpa has been poorly maintained or rather has very sketchy workmanship. I have a gasket leak which is making it impossible to tune, which makes it fail DEQ, which makes me unable to register it, which makes it illegal to drive. You get the idea. I hope to show some pics of the work soon. I am sure I will be bugging everyone for part leads soon.

jalpa1.jpg

jalpa2.jpg

DSCF0034.JPGWe'll try this picture thing again. Last one didn't work

Does anyone get Hemmings Sports and Exotics magizine? In the dec 2006 issue was an artical about a Urraco in I think California. That car was the next one after mine. His chassis is 950, mines 948. (last 3 ) :icon_super: I think thats cool. I'm going to try and get hold of him and see if he knows any history. Maybe ours came over here together.