1996 Vector M12 Value???

launchnukes

A friend of mine is selling his 1996 Vector M12. it's red with cream interior and has about 10,000 miles. i'm gonna go take a look at it today and double check miles, condition, etc. i like the car and i was gonna make him an offer but what the hell are these things worth? i've tried searching everywhere. also, if any of you guys are interested just let me know.

v1fe2.jpg

v2op0.jpg

v3pa7.jpg

v4ge3.jpg

v5dz4.jpg

v6dl7.jpg

v7kt3.jpg

Guest skokos

cool!! not sure on the value but take some pics! do you know how much HE thinks its worth?

pics up

cool!! not sure on the value but take some pics! do you know how much HE thinks its worth?

after talking to him, think he's gonna want around 150 or so which is a little much for me

if anyone's interested,let me know.

pics up

after talking to him, think he's gonna want around 150 or so which is a little much for me

if anyone's interested,let me know.

Neat car, but even in the pics the interior is :gay: :gay: Makes the early diablo dash look like it belongs in the MOMA

For 100k you could have a real nice diablo JMHO

That car has been in Florida for years. Last time I saw it for sale they where asking $139,000.

I dont think you should pay more than $120K, and ONLY if you are a collector and will not drive it.

That car is not made for driving.

If your going to get a Vector its best that you save your pennys and get a W8. You might as well buy a Diablo 6.0 to get better qualitly, looks and performance and such and is that a Camaro steering wheel!?!?.

If not I understand that you want something alittle more exotic.

I also doubt that it could also out perform a Diablo.

Nice mazda miata turn signals in the front! What about the shitbox GM headlight switch? A friend of mine (dealer of course) had this car, a yellow one and the american flag car at the same time. Calling these cars a POS would be too kind.

The car looks ugly, like a blow fish of sorts :icon_oak:

Rawr!

nurse-shark-picture-09.jpg

The car looks so fragile that I am afraid rain is going to demolish it.

(and I originally said 50k because it looked like some sort of wacked out kit car)

Rawr!

nurse-shark-picture-09.jpg

The car looks so fragile that I am afraid rain is going to demolish it.

(and I originally said 50k because it looked like some sort of wacked out kit car)

All I got to say is what a waste of a Lamborghini engine, that could have been 10 or 20 more Diablos that could have been on the road but no Jerry Wiegert couldn't produce his own engine's so he had to barrow a couple from european counterparts.

Its shouldn't even be in the same class as a kitcar because its a Supercar with a serious idenity crisis, is it a Supercar that is like a fighter jet? It is even a Supercar? is it a Kitcar? or is it even a replicar? or is it a really cool custom hotrod?. We don't know what it really is.

All I got to say is what a waste of a Lamborghini engine, that could have been 10 or 20 more Diablos that could have been on the road but no Jerry Wiegert couldn't produce his own engine's so he had to barrow a couple from european counterparts.

Its shouldn't even be in the same class as a kitcar because its a Supercar with a serious idenity crisis, is it a Supercar that is like a fighter jet? It is even a Supercar? is it a Kitcar? or is it even a replicar? or is it a really cool custom hotrod?. We don't know what it really is.

I think Jerry Weigert was long gone by the time these cars were made by Mega Tech.

I think Jerry Weigert was long gone by the time these cars were made by Mega Tech.

That is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

What about that ultimate Vector he made that had the M12 body style?. It was a roadster and it supposeitly made 1000hp and the SOB wanted to price it at a million bucks per copy!.

I think the conclusion on Vectors, after a VERY lengthy discussion including a couple of owners was that everything but the W8 is a POS.

The W-8 was a very creative orginal idea and I sort wished that the concept of the whole fighter jet technology was used in Lambos today. Vector had something going until the M-12 was built in my opinion after that they became shit. A kitcar with an idenity crisis.

The W-8 was a very creative orginal idea and I sort wished that the concept of the whole fighter jet technology was used in Lambos today. Vector had something going until the M-12 was built in my opinion after that they became shit. A kitcar with an idenity crisis.

It was, and in many was is still at the forefront of certain technologies that are available on the road. Not many cars made are designed to last the life of the owner. Jerry, and nearly everybody else associated with the Vector W8 was forcibly removed from employment in early 1993. Granted, the W8 is cramped if you have a tall torso.

How many companies would sell a "replacement" car that was slower, with worse quality than the previous in every way? The indonesians weren't the right owners of Vector, nor Lamborghini IMHO.

The "M12" roadster which was mentioned was in fact the AWX-3 and AWX-3R. They initially had a DOHC 7 liter TT engine; which is no longer in either (now its the 6.0 pushrod TT making 625 hp to upwards of 700 on pump gas) There was also development of a 9.0 liter V12 pushrod engine that was making roughly 750 hp naturally aspirated, and 1200 with a pair of turbo chargers... supposedly, that engine is in Ohio, if memory serves me.

Honestly, i have no clue what an M12 is worth... scarcity would suggest more then a Diablo, and build quality and prestige would suggest less. Surely this is something that "Sports Car Market" could answer with a little more accuracy.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the car is still available?

While I'd rather have the W8 or the AWX3, my best friend has wanted an M12 for a long time. I looked at the yellow one a few months ago that was missing the trans, and the American flag one.

The yellow and american flag ones were auctioned for the US Marshals just under a year ago, here's results:

4/1/2006 1996 VECTOR M12 12 CYL STD RED/WHITE/BLUE 1ST EDITION PROTOTYPE 105,000.00

4/1/2006 1999 VECTOR M12 12 CYL STD YELLOW 126,000.00

Wish I had bought her the black one that was on ebay maybe two years ago. :(

Anyway - if it's available I'm interested :)

It's an interesting car anyway, different.

Chelle

Here's a couple shots from the auction and the roadster on the street

P4070116sm.JPG

P4070126sm.JPG

vectors.jpg

• 2 years later...

Two red M12's, one is went to Canada and this one must be Asam's car? the car is located at the used car dealer in Florida since 1996.

02/2009 - 96 Purple sold at BJ's auction block for $78k plus buyer's premium fees.

Late 2007 - 99 Silver sold on ebay for $87k

Current - 96 Yellow (fully restored) @ SVAG, asking $139,900.

Current - 99 Yellow @ Jeff's Motor, asking $169,000.

Current - 99 Silver, asking $139,000.

This red car is for sale since 1996 and still asking for $139,000.

For this red car is between $85k(good buy) - $105k max(ifyou want it bad enough). I saw the engine bay, it does need some TLC.

A friend of mine is selling his 1996 Vector M12. it's red with cream interior and has about 10,000 miles. i'm gonna go take a look at it today and double check miles, condition, etc. i like the car and i was gonna make him an offer but what the hell are these things worth? i've tried searching everywhere. also, if any of you guys are interested just let me know.

v1fe2.jpg

v2op0.jpg

v3pa7.jpg

v4ge3.jpg

v5dz4.jpg

v6dl7.jpg

v7kt3.jpg