SLR with mods Dyno!

Allan-Herbie

Stock:

Horsepower @ wheels: 520.43

Torque @ wheels: 491.90

RennTech

Horsepower @ wheels: 580.48

Torque @ wheels: 586.69

Look at the torque, think it spins the tires now!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

hows the 722 Aram? you know I will need a ride when you hit 1500 km :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

are you gonna modify the car?

Thats all?

Thats all as in ONLY 580rwhp, or thats all that was done to it? 586Ft lbs of torque not enough for you?

586Ft lbs of torque not enough for you?

I thought that car made more than that stock! What does the SLR weigh?

3700lbs. That same car with the mods, made 520rwhp, and 490ft lbs of torque stock.

SLR weighs 3800lbs,722 100lbs less.Those figures are RW instead of crank and they are very respectable

SLR weighs 3800lbs,722 100lbs less.Those figures are RW instead of crank and they are very respectable

Have you seen the numbers that Claxs car makes?

Have you seen the numbers that Claxs car makes?

Yup and i took him out in my car and he believes the 722 stock might take the GT. His GT is almost undrivable

I was told by some hardcore Ford fans that GTs with simple mods such as a pulley were making 750 hp. thats crazy. how are those guys with the TTs on their FGTs handling all that power?

I was told by some hardcore Ford fans that GTs with simple mods such as a pulley were making 750 hp. thats crazy. how are those guys with the TTs on their FGTs handling all that power?

Those guys are right.But Clax's car has problems putting the power down and the bottom line is it really doesn't matter how much HP you have if you can't use it

what colour is Clax's GT? does he live around here? ive seen a black (may have been dark blue) GT with white stripes a couple times. maybe I should start spying on him too :eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen:

...the bottom line is it really doesn't matter how much HP you have if you can't use it

Thats true. I know a guy with a 1034 RWHP car and another who I think is pushing 1500 right now. I can't figure out how you could drive those cars.

Those guys are right.But Clax's car has problems putting the power down and the bottom line is it really doesn't matter how much HP you have if you can't use it

That's weird. I remember talking to Supra owners who had converted to GTs and they said the car was so much easier to drive with the same kind of whp, i.e., putting the power down. I guess after you drive a 900 rwhp Supra everything because easy...Nonetheless, I believe the auto tranny of the SLR makes the whole episode seem so easy.

Nima, Clax's car is black from what I remember. Very sinister. :icon_twisted:

And a 100 lrwtq increase with those easy mods is astonishing, especially considering where it has been made in the powerband (very early on).

Aram, what are the differences between the 722 and the normal SLR mechanically to get those few extra ponies?

-Olivier

Who did the mods for the SLR (ECU, pulley, intercooler, etc)?

Nevermind, I just clicked on the link above. Sorry.

Renntech.

That's weird. I remember talking to Supra owners who had converted to GTs and they said the car was so much easier to drive with the same kind of whp, i.e., putting the power down. I guess after you drive a 900 rwhp Supra everything because easy...Nonetheless, I believe the auto tranny of the SLR makes the whole episode seem so easy.

Its the power delivery that causes that. An 800hp supra needs a monster turbo that spools late and hits like a freight train. You cant feather it, youre either full bore or off boost and dead in the water. If we're talking high hp supercharged FGTs, then its because the power is much easier to meter. Even if you bring the TT monsters into the equation, youve still got smaller turbos and more displacement to reduce the imbalance and smooth out the power delivery, or spread the torque over a wide rpm band. Plus, the engine/drivetrain layout is more conducive to hooking the power up than on a front engine, rwd car.

Its the power delivery that causes that. An 800hp supra needs a monster turbo that spools late and hits like a freight train. You cant feather it, youre either full bore or off boost and dead in the water. If we're talking high hp supercharged FGTs, then its because the power is much easier to meter. Even if you bring the TT monsters into the equation, youve still got smaller turbos and more displacement to reduce the imbalance and smooth out the power delivery, or spread the torque over a wide rpm band. Plus, the engine/drivetrain layout is more conducive to hooking the power up than on a front engine, rwd car.

Yeah I know all that. That's why I thought it was weird that the GT was so hard to handle compared to the SLR. The auto tranny of the SLR must be the key here. :)

-Olivier

why did the replace the superchargers with turbos on the FGT?

No parasitic (sp?) on turbos. Turbos are driven with exhaust flow, spooling and then creating over atmospheric pressure; boost. Superchargers do the same, but with a belt-driven system off the crank of the engine. The engine "loses" horsepower to create more due to the "effort" of driving the supercharger system. The bigger the SC, the bigger the losses. Turbos are much more efficient; on the other hand, they require more maintenance and tuning efforts.

-Olivier