Countach opinions needed

De993

According to the registry, this car was Acapulco blue at one time. Would you strip down everything and make it Acapulco blue, or just get the white and pin striping off and keep it the color it is? OR ( I almost hate to suggest this) do you keep it this way since supposedly a prince did this, and supposedly it has been in a magazine like this??

DSC09969.JPG

DSC09958.JPG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1978 ---1121038

Welcome to the Countach section :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu:

Just what this section needs, another arrogant 78 owner :rant: :lol2: :lol2:

If you want to keep the car for awhile, and you like the paint, you may as well keep it the way it is. If the car needs to be repainted, I would attempt to make the car as stock as possible. The 78, has the lowest production #'s, of any regular production Countach model.

If you have some extra time, please take some engine pics. There are two other 78 owners on the board, whom often frequent this section.

Personally, I would take an LP400S Low Body in Pea Green with Pink Polka Dots and drive it proudly.

But for the topic at hand, I would for sure take it back to the original color. Acapulco Blue is really nice on the Countach. Remove that silly front bumper assembly. Re-finish the wheels in the proper factory gold, put those wheels in storage and get a matching set of Bravo repro's so you can drive the car and enjoy it.

All these old cars coming out of the woodwork is awesome :icon_super:

about two hours :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

However, I have been working on getting it for about a year!!

Personally, I would take an LP400S Low Body in Pea Green with Pink Polka Dots and drive it proudly.

But for the topic at hand, I would for sure take it back to the original color. Acapulco Blue is really nice on the Countach. Remove that silly front bumper assembly. Re-finish the wheels in the proper factory gold, put those wheels in storage and get a matching set of Bravo repro's so you can drive the car and enjoy it.

All these old cars coming out of the woodwork is awesome :icon_super:

The bumpers are coming off as we speak!! :icon_thumleft:

Aculpulco IS beautiful on the Countach, but is it worth it for a full repaint?? I think this blue ( what color is it anyway?) would be really pretty without the white.

about two hours :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

However, I have been working on getting it for about a year!!

CONGRATULATIONS :icon_thumleft: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu: :sunny:

I would guess that your seats are original !! They did put a few cars together, with seats in that fashion. I would keep those seats original, if it is in fact the original leather.

I would guess the material on the dash, is not in the original color. The dash should be either mousehair or alcantra material. As far as I know, the dash colors were only available in either gray or tan. With A.B., it would not make sense to use tan on the dash. - Assuming your interior is original with blue and white seats.

At your leisure, you may want to change out the mirrors, to the bullet type Vitaloni Sebring (1st gen Countach mirrors), install the original LP 400 style steering wheel, and refinish the wheels in either silver or gold. I would think the door leather skins, should match the white material ? - Who know's ? Is the leather texture on the interior, all look and feel the same ? In the Coltrin book, they exhibit a factory S1, with two-tone leather seats.

Congrats again !

The current color looks a lot like Tahiti Blue which is also an excellent Countach color. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the current paint looks like it has some flake or some metallic in it. I am not sure if the Tahiti color had any of that originally.

I don't know what you paid for the car, and it's none of my business, but with LP400S Low Body pricing heading up the way they are, the value may be able withstand the cost of a full restoration quality re-paint.

BTW, we must have more pictures. Way, way, way more pictures :icon_mrgreen:

Jesus, where did this car come from?! I never heard about this one. CONGRATS!

Somebody will soon introduce, a 74 pilot car !

CONGRATULATIONS :icon_thumleft: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu: :icon_pidu: :sunny:

I would guess that your seats are original !! They did put a few cars together, with seats in that fashion. I would keep those seats original, if it is in fact the original leather.

I would guess the material on the dash, is not in the original color. The dash should be either mousehair or alcantra material. As far as I know, the dash colors were only available in either gray or tan. With A.B., it would not make sense to use tan on the dash. - Assuming your interior is original with blue and white seats.

At your leisure, you may want to change out the mirrors, to the bullet type Vitaloni Sebring (1st gen Countach mirrors), install the original LP 400 style steering wheel, and refinish the wheels in either silver or gold. I would think the door leather skins, should match the white material ?

Congrats again !

Thanks,

To the best of my knowledge, the interior is original, including the original dash. Please correct me if I am wrong. The door leather is blue and white.

Jesus, where did this car come from?! I never heard about this one. CONGRATS!

It was never for sale, my husband was just VERY persistant!!

As it sits, it is Tahiti, instead of Acapulco.

It was never for sale, my husband was just VERY persistant!!

Did'nt you give your husband the Roadster, as a birthday present ? :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Did'nt you give your husband the Roadster, as a birthday present ? :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Yes, actually it was a christmas present, but now the roadster becomes MINE!!!! Gotta love hand-me-downs :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Yes, actually it was a christmas present, but now the roadster becomes MINE!!!! Gotta love hand-me-downs :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :icon_super: :icon_super:

:s-shock: :shock:

Some of the owners in this section, actually had to sleep with Woofy for a few days, when they parked their car in the garage for the first time. :eusa_shhh:

Congrats. on a spectacular find.

While I would paint the car all one color, I would research the color, who know, maybe it is factory? I doubt it , but I have heard the factory in the early days, was willing to "work" with customers when building their cars.

:s-shock: :shock:

Some of the owners in this section, actually had to sleep with Woofy for a few days, when they parked their car in the garage for the first time. :eusa_shhh:

In case you can't tell, by my being on HERE all the time, I'm as much of a car nut as he is. I think that's a big part of the reason he married me :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats. on a spectacular find.

While I would paint the car all one color, I would research the color, who know, maybe it is factory? I doubt it , but I have heard the factory in the early days, was willing to "work" with customers when building their cars.

Thanks,

Where would I even start trying to research the original color?

Any idea how long the previous owner had the car ?

Was the car in Nevada, before you purchased it ?

There were only approx 10 or 12 1978 cars built.

Any idea how long the previous owner had the car ?

Was the car in Nevada, before you purchased it ?

There were only approx 10 or 12 1978 cars built.

I believe the previous owner had the car for 20+ years. Yes, it was in Nevada. It may be a 1979? I need to look through all of the paperwork. Some says 78, some says 79. :eusa_think: I originally said it was a 78 because that is what's listed in the registry. How can I find out for sure?