Goregous F40

Guest skokos

I went up to Philly last year for work and drove by the ferrari dealership and they had one in the showroom. Incredible looking car:)

Just do a search on F chat...you'll be busy for days......

Already did two days ago, my eyes still hurt! DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

• 3 weeks later...

Different perspective:

Car was dead. Roland ressurected it.

Only 17 official LMs and three GTE's.

Roland's car is actually a little hotter then the GTE specs.

So, it IS an F40. It was destroyed. It was rebuilt - with Ferrari and Micholotto parts into a "LM Clone" for lack of a better description. Does not have all the LM features - but has a slightly hotter motor (bigger intercoolers - larger turbos) and some other sweet upgrades.

So, is it an F40 - sure, perhaps a bit more "repaired than the typical wreck" but still an F40. As for the "upgrades" might be a bit upsetting if someone destroyed a concours condition F40 to do it, but to modify a car thatwas rebuilt after being burned to the ground, why not.

No comment on Roland himself, besides to say I've spent time with him and his wife on several occasions and they are both very sweet, very nice people.

Scottie

There are tons of pages on that subject on f-chat. Guy built a career on lying about winning le mans twice! Even worse he's told people that his bastard f40 has won at lemans as well!

and I got banned from there for saying I was gonna buy a Diablo 6.0 and actually going ouit and doing it!! why? :eusa_think:

fags! :icon_anal: :icon_butt:

Different perspective:

Car was dead. Roland ressurected it.

Only 17 official LMs and three GTE's.

Roland's car is actually a little hotter then the GTE specs.

So, it IS an F40. It was destroyed. It was rebuilt - with Ferrari and Micholotto parts into a "LM Clone" for lack of a better description. Does not have all the LM features - but has a slightly hotter motor (bigger intercoolers - larger turbos) and some other sweet upgrades.

So, is it an F40 - sure, perhaps a bit more "repaired than the typical wreck" but still an F40. As for the "upgrades" might be a bit upsetting if someone destroyed a concours condition F40 to do it, but to modify a car thatwas rebuilt after being burned to the ground, why not.

No comment on Roland himself, besides to say I've spent time with him and his wife on several occasions and they are both very sweet, very nice people.

Scottie

I have no issue whatsoever with someone rebuilding a car after it has been wrecked or crashed.I have issue with misrepresentation of the car.

Also with a car that that was burned to the ground like Roland's ,replacement of body panels and mechanicals are the least of my concerns.How about the frame?

When a car burns like it did it is subjected to intense heat which means that all the metal pieces that survived have been distorteed and warped.It also means that they needed to be completely replaced and if it was not done at the factory that basically classifies the car as a homemade special.Granted it has an F40 vin and could very well be a very nice car but imo does not command a premium.

I would be very skeptical buying a car with that kind of history unless it is at a substantial discount

I would be very skeptical buying a car with that kind of history unless it is at a substantial discount

When the tube frame gets burnt up (especially as hot as this one got) IMO the tubing loses most of its strength, how much of a "substantial discount" would justify putting your life in the hands of this car?

When the tube frame gets burnt up (especially as hot as this one got) IMO the tubing loses most of its strength, how much of a "substantial discount" would justify putting your life in the hands of this car?

If everything is not repaired or replaced i wouldn't even consider the purchase.I am talking about a discounted price after repairs

If everything is not repaired or replaced i wouldn't even consider the purchase.I am talking about a discounted price after repairs

Good idea, i try and avoid anything that has major repair or replacement work, although i got burned on a car from an auction once, thankfully everything worked out, but ever since then, and never again.