Thoughts on my next car.

VerdeLP640

I'm ready for a new car and I've just started to poke around eBay looking at what things are selling for these days. I am currently in a C5 POS Convertible stick shift and I have it narrowed down to either a 911 or bmw 6-series coupe, and if I can really stretch it, a used AMV8 Vantage... my budget is 70-80ish. I've had a lot of fun with my POS but I want to be sure my next car has a much nicer interior, so that ruled out a Viper or a newer POS. I am not really a big 911 fan, so I am leaning more towards the bmw right now but I am worried that I will be to bored with it and I don't like that I can't get it in a stick. I really like that the AMV8's are depreciating nicely into my budget but they aren't quite there... also I thought about a DB7, but they are just to old now and I think maintenance would be a pain. Anything else I should be looking at? Any comments of experiences you've had with these cars? Thanks in advance. :icon_thumleft:

lol, dont mind the "POS" sensor. it's lambopower's way of pissing off and detracting vettefanboys.

lol, dont mind the "POS" sensor. it's lambopower's way of pissing off and detracting vettefanboys.

haha, ok. it was a fun car and i have nothing against them... but I am definitely ready to move on. :icon_mrgreen:

also I thought about a DB7, but they are just to old now and I think maintenance would be a pain.

Maintenance shouldn't be too bad if it's been looked after, a friend of mine is looking to move from a 2000 BMW (not sure exact model, its a 3-series of some sort with M kit) to a 2001 DB7 and from his research it seems it would be only marginally more expensive maintenance than his current car. That said, they do look their age imo, but still very stylish cars all the same.

In this range, perhaps a Maserati Ghibli Spyder? A Mistral Spyder - very lovely, a nice Bora, even a Khamsin (at half your budget).

I like the Diablo idea or hurry and find a Countach!! Have fun - the hunt for the right car is always an enjoyable part of the process!

$70-80,000 almost puts you in the Older Diablo range. Have you considered this option?

I'd love a Diablo, but since this will be my only car at this point and time, I need something I can drive everyday without headache... and a a trunk for golf clubs would be a huge plus. I am pretty decided now that a AMV8 Vantage is what I want, and I think that in a few months or so I should be able to find a nice one that has depreciated to a point that I can afford. :)

I'd love a Diablo, but since this will be my only car at this point and time, I need something I can drive everyday without headache... and a a trunk for golf clubs would be a huge plus. I am pretty decided now that a AMV8 Vantage is what I want, and I think that in a few months or so I should be able to find a nice one that has depreciated to a point that I can afford. :)

As far as the headaches, once you sort out the Diablo, especially the early ones, they can run trouble free.

Golf clubs. They wont fit in the trunk? :icon_mrgreen:

You know an everyday Diablo isn't a bad choice, it depends on where exactly you drive it.

There's a guy in my area that drives an ACR daily.

Vantage from what I hear is pretty descent plus you can get a used one with some warranty remaining. They are already in $70k range?

Porsche 996 twin turbo's are at bargains.

645 is nice car for daily, but slow compared to what your probalby use too or wanting, plus its far from being unique on the roads.