Name this car!

abolfaz

Looks like a mix between a Subaru XT and Acura NSX with a little bit of Ferrari Mondial thrown in.

1987 Nissan MID-4II Concept Car....I win :eusa_dance:

MID4.JPG

87nissan_mid4_ii_2.jpg

MID4_6.jpg

Nice Car...Mid Engine, AWD, 330HP 300ZX TT Motor!

Wow nice job, I've totally forgotten this car and was stumped.

I remember the first Mid-4 well, but even with the pics you posted I have no recollection of this one still. I must be getting old.

Nice Car...Mid Engine, AWD, 330HP 300ZX TT Motor!

Interesting. I had completely forgotten about this car as welll. Good Job.

I am surprised it never made it to production.

So am I. I imagine they would have positioned this as their premium sports car a step above their legendary Skyline series. But this is around the time that Nissan increased their product-line. This concept might have shared the same engine as the Skyline, if they didn't develop an original powertrain specifically for this car.

They probably did because it might have took focus off the Skyline?

I'd imagine the production costs of the car would've been very high - the Skyline GTR was able to stay at least resonably affordable as it shared so many componenets with the lesser Skyline models. I saw a magazine article a few years ago that included Nissan apparently suggesting that if they'd had to develop and build the earlier GTRs as entirely standalone models they would have been 50% more expensive.

Also, the MID4-II breached Japan's gentlemans-agreement of 280ps output limit that was in place at the time. Also, most people have found the RB-series engines more solid and accepting of high power outputs than the VG engines. And the official figures put the R32 GT-R as slightly quicker 0-60 than the MID4-II was (not by much though, 4.8 v 4.9), despite being rated with a lower output and being nearly 100kg heavier. Is it true? No idea, let me drive a MID4-II and I'll tell ya :P