Triple White Jalpa

topcabron

Yeah, but if you read the ad, he says its in "driver condition", and at the end says its a "weekend project".

17" wheels? hmmmmmmm :eusa_think:

An owner of a beautiful and unique yellow and brown Countach (stock), did something even more extreme.

I love over-the-top-Lamborghinis, but only when the work was done by the factory. :icon_super:

1989_20White_20Countach_20Anniversary_20KLA12550_20_ebay__20view_206.jpg

Yeah, but if you read the ad, he says its in "driver condition", and at the end says its a "weekend project".

17" wheels? hmmmmmmm :eusa_think:

I noticed that too. Everything is in excellent condition then everything has issues as you get towards the end. Plus way too many changes from stock. And why not list the VIN?

Wonder if LOD has had anything to do with this fine example of a Jalpa? :eusa_think:

I noticed that too. Everything is in excellent condition then everything has issues as you get towards the end. Plus way too many changes from stock. And why not list the VIN?

Wonder if LOD has had anything to do with this fine example of a Jalpa? :eusa_think:

Notice the owner is actually talking you out of buying the car at the end. Unusual selling technique from a "dealer".

I don't know, I just read it and other than mentioning some leaks and a sub-par A/C, I didn't read anything that would indicate he's trying to talk someone out of it. By weekend project, I take that to mean that like any 20+ y.o. car, it's going to take the occasional tinkering. What I'd be more concerned about is why the complete color change? Was the car wrecked? Definitely run a carfax.

I don't know, I just read it and other than mentioning some leaks and a sub-par A/C, I didn't read anything that would indicate he's trying to talk someone out of it. By weekend project, I take that to mean that like any 20+ y.o. car, it's going to take the occasional tinkering. What I'd be more concerned about is why the complete color change? Was the car wrecked? Definitely run a carfax.

I agree, Carfax is a must.

In marketing, to promote whatever you are trying to sell, you must employ a strategy to make the buyer feel like the product is worth more than the sales price. Words can be used to express this. Conversly, you can turna buyer off by doing the opposite.

will make a perfect weekend project. It is 100% ready and can be driven cross-country immediately. These vehicles are weekend cars and not primary transportation. If you have never owned an exotic start with a Fiat not a Lambo for transportation

as if a Fiat has a good reputation to begin with.

I agree, Carfax is a must.

In marketing, to promote whatever you are trying to sell, you must employ a strategy to make the buyer feel like the product is worth more than the sales price. Words can be used to express this. Conversly, you can turna buyer off by doing the opposite.

as if a Fiat has a good reputation to begin with.

That's true, but I think the guy is just offering helpful advice, or he's doing it so he doesn't sound like your typical used car salesman, making a purse out of a sow's ear, as they say. But then I always sucked at sales. Some of the most successful (and funny) eBay ads I've read, though, were ones where the guy totally trashes the car in his description and strongly urges people not to buy it. Of course they weren't $30k+ cars, but still an interesting strategy.

That's true, but I think the guy is just offering helpful advice, or he's doing it so he doesn't sound like your typical used car salesman, making a purse out of a sow's ear, as they say. But then I always sucked at sales. Some of the most successful (and funny) eBay ads I've read, though, were ones where the guy totally trashes the car in his description and strongly urges people not to buy it. Of course they weren't $30k+ cars, but still an interesting strategy.

The owners name I believe is "Tom" and he owns the dealership in Plano TX. It's a Suzuki dealership. If you look at the ebay ad it shows his car in the cool video on the track and how loud his car is. It was originally black and rumour has it, it was the original Rocky Jalpa...but since he didn't mention it..maybe not or he didn't want to bring up why it was painted before. The owner seems to have put a lot of work and time into the car but it's not a very stock car if that's what you are looking for. The reserve must be high.

The owners name I believe is "Tom" and he owns the dealership in Plano TX. It's a Suzuki dealership. If you look at the ebay ad it shows his car in the cool video on the track and how loud his car is. It was originally black and rumour has it, it was the original Rocky Jalpa...but since he didn't mention it..maybe not or he didn't want to bring up why it was painted before. The owner seems to have put a lot of work and time into the car but it's not a very stock car if that's what you are looking for. The reserve must be high.

WARNING:

i have called this SUKUKI dealer several times, as they run ads for a Jalpa and a Lotus Esprit on Cars.com. i wonder if they have a Lotus for sale as its the same song and dance with it too.

i have spoken with Tom, and all i got was hype when i told him i owned a Jalpa and i was a cash buyer AFTER IT WAS INSPECTED. it ok for the car to have the common old lambo issues...... "BUT"....

i will say we was polite, and a car enthusiast, but he seemed determined to not want me to look at or buy the car with any knowledge of them.

wasn't there a black car that was repainted white after it was wrecked in california years ago?

just my .02.

for the record those wheels are the Compomotive wheels i hype about . i love them, though without the white centers, and i would prefer 16 inch wheels to keep the geometry of the suspension stock.

i detest white on cars, but i will admit it seems like a nice car.

i cannot fathom why this guy was always so evasive when i called him.

i cannot fathom why this guy was always so evasive when i called him.

Maybe he doesnt like people from Georgia :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the info Mike.

I'll stick my neck out a little, I like it. I would imagine that the paint on the seats would rub off from time to time. I don't think it was wrecked, but it might have been blown up or something like that when he started on it. How much I like it really depends on what $$$ he wants for it.

Maybe he doesnt like people from Georgia :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the info Mike.

could be!

i just live here, i am from California, which may be even worse!

its hard to get my point across that this car and a certain euro black Jalpa were a pain in the ass to even call about and get info on, whereas the 4 Ferrari's and the bazillion other cars i have bought over the net were easy as pie.

yes, i know Lambos are rare, and there are quacky buyers out there, but it makes you wonder why a dealership would list a Jalpa and a Lotus on CARS.COM for months, and months and months, and act like the listing was a mistake EVERY TIME YOU CALLED.

i guess i am the idiot because i kept calling to see if the car was for real! :icon_mrgreen:

to me, if i put up a car

for sale, that means i am done with it. i cannot imagine wanting to wade through all the phone calls and emails if you are not ready to sell the car.

for the record, i **think*** the car was around $28-30k then, but i may be wrong as i gave up on it . i think i have the vin written down somewhere, but the seller (TOM ?) seemed happy to talk about the car on the phone. which adde to my frustration when calling .... :icon_mrgreen:

anyway, best of luck to you guys, and the seller.

i hope to have time to watch the video later.

REAPER

Hmmm, it was there this morning, but it's gone now...

"This listing (220113548652) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. "

"This listing (220113548652) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. "

Yeah, it worked earlier.

Maybe Tom got too many questions.

Yeah, it worked earlier.

Maybe Tom got too many questions.

Too weird.......I got the run around too when He had a black car advertised a while ago. It's like he advertises just to get people to call and hopefully buy a Suzuki...... :monkeyleft:

Too weird.......I got the run around too when He had a black car advertised a while ago. It's like he advertises just to get people to call and hopefully buy a Suzuki...... :monkeyleft:

Where there's smoke.....

glad its not just me.

he was enthusiastic, and a gear head, but he didnt want to sell me the car when he found out i had already had one and worked on it.

that Jalpa has been on cars .com for at least 2 years off and on, with the same run around given when someone calls. they run ads for a Lotus Esprit also, with the same results.

maybe he just does it to keep them in a dealer inventory?

"Poof"

The eBay Scam-Hammer hath spoken.