1005 miles, what does it look like?

abolfaz

So whats 1005 miles look like? Whats the reward for not using my car? Take a look at my tires, nothing like a car with 1005 miles with dry rotted tires...

DSC02846.JPG

It gets even better, take look at this picture of my right front suspension, virtually no dirt whatsoever, no brake dust at all...

DSC02843.JPG

Looks like a TINY LITTLE leak drop on the shock...?? But the do get worse I hear....
That and the half axle under it is "wet" from the oil....

-mick

Looks like a TINY LITTLE leak drop on the shock...?? But the do get worse I hear....

WE HAVE A WINNER!

DSC02844.JPG

DSC02847.JPG

From www.lamborghiniregistry.com home page:

FOR DIABLOS & MURCIELAGOS EQUIPPED WITH KONI LIFTING SYSTEMS:

As a permanent solution to chronic leaking of fluid from cars fitted with these front-lift systems, I have re-designed and re-manufactured internal parts and seals to rectify the problem with complete success. I have undertaken this as Koni no longer services these units.

I hereby offer all Lamborghini owners and Dealers, the opportunity to re-manufacture your existing shocks, or replace them on an exchange basis.

These re-manufactured shocks will have an unconditional written warranty of two years and unlimited vehicle mileage.

The price for two of units is $1,900.00 plus, shipping and taxes.

For inquiries, please call 714- 434-1412 or e-mail to the following address: [email protected]

Claudio Zampolli's experience includes working at the Lamborghini Factory from 1967 to 1975, and he maintains his own precision machine shop, Cizeta Automobili. He also rebuilds engines and transmissions for select owners of Lamborghinis and other Italian exotic sport cars.

-J

i knew what it was before I even looked

use John Custer (I belive) to replace the seals at $500 a shock and its fixed forever :)

took about a week between when he got them to when I got em back :)

i knew what it was before I even looked

use John Custer (I belive) to replace the seals at $500 a shock and its fixed forever :)

took about a week between when he got them to when I got em back :)

John Custer is the man. If you can't get a hold of him, let me know and I will ping him for you. He lives pretty close to me and we go on drives so I can get in touch if you need it.

Rich

A little armor-all will fix those tires right up.

At least that's what the dealers seem to think when they sell these low mile Diablos.

So whats 1005 miles look like? Whats the reward for not using my car? Take a look at my tires, nothing like a car with 1005 miles with dry rotted tires...

There is no reward for not driving your car.

Jeff Leblond rebuilds the shocks.

You take it to the repair shop(once again), and it comes back with another 6-10 miles on it. I see a vicious cycle beginning and your per mile costs escalating exponentially.....

There is no reward for not driving your car.

Jeff Leblond rebuilds the shocks.

Thats the guy for rebuilding shocks alright.

Off-topic but how about posting a few pics of the entire car? I would like to see what a 1K mile Diablo looks like. I tried searching to no avail; pics may have been lost in the crash. Thanks.

Off-topic but how about posting a few pics of the entire car?

Why would I want to do that?! :lol2: :lol2:

so we can see what a SV wing on a 6.0 looks like :)

Different 6.0, the black one has no wing. It wouldn't be any fun if I took a posted a picture of the car!

no_wing.jpg