Airstrip event? Lets do it!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fcuk, So Grant had recommened I call Tustin Air Force Base. After speaking with them, they will NOT allow any side by side racing, they want cone courses, and speeds no higher than highway speeds. They said the Ferrari Club uses them all the time. I said no wonder, thats perfect for them.

What appeal does that have...no faster than highway speeds and cones...what a bunch of tards.

What appeal does that have...no faster than highway speeds and cones...what a bunch of tards.

makes tadrs look like geniouses.

Well, i know we can get a dragstrip for sure. Maybe I can call someplaces and see if they will allow a rolling type start? Maybe we can go slightly farther as the strips usually have quite a bit of runnoff?

fcuk, So Grant had recommened I call Tustin Air Force Base. After speaking with them, they will NOT allow any side by side racing, they want cone courses, and speeds no higher than highway speeds. They said the Ferrari Club uses them all the time. I said no wonder, thats perfect for them.

Then, theoretically, couldn't all of the be accomplished on the highway and/or empty parking lot? Why would they even bother?

Then, theoretically, couldn't all of the be accomplished on the highway and/or empty parking lot? Why would they even bother?

Thats what I said.

Well, i know we can get a dragstrip for sure. Maybe I can call someplaces and see if they will allow a rolling type start? Maybe we can go slightly farther as the strips usually have quite a bit of runnoff?

Gonna take a shitload of runnoff to handle 180mph to 200mph stops. You might have to divert some concrete from the swimming pool project.

Gonna take a shitload of runnoff to handle 180mph to 200mph stops. You might have to divert some concrete from the swimming pool project.

Obviously we couldnt run that fast. Maybe 140-150mph max.

Obviously we couldnt run that fast. Maybe 140-150mph max.

fcuk that, I wanna go 200mph :icon_mrgreen:

. They said the Ferrari Club uses them all the time. I said no wonder, thats perfect for them.

:lol2:

fcuk that, I wanna go 200mph

Bernard come to Istanbul :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

LoL jk. There is a place in Istanbul for this but public road.

An autobahn exit. I mean a connection road autobahn to regular freeway. Very useless exit ıt is often empty I ve seen maybe 1-2 cars per every drive.

5.2km distance. , two lines seperated for both sides. One side a litte slight uphill, other side slight downhill.

The only disadvantage is the side winds. It is often windy however this sunday no wind :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

It is a public road but it is often empty. And only 15km distance to my summer house :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I ve seen 330kmh on my speedo at that road. I think SLR or Murcielago or whatever else would push the limits quickly on that way

Here is the closest thing I have come across that we can do so far. It is SEPT 13-16th. You can opt to go the full 90miles flat out (Mr Vroom can do his 200mph) or you can opt to do what I would do, and that is the 1 mile run. You cannot run side by side, but you are timed at the end of the mile, so we would know who won. We would still get true and accurate reading at the end of 1 mile for all involved. The cost for the 1 mile event is $200.00 .

I am going to try and contact them, and see if somehow we can put together an event for only ourselves.

The "High Noon Shootout" at the "Classic Corral" is a new and additional event presented by the SSCC. This event is a One-Mile acceleration contest on fenced SR-490, in Ely, NV taking place on the Saturday's before the NORC and SSCC events from 12:00 noon to 4:00pm. This event will allow the driver to test their cars at speed and perform final tuning and reliability checks before the Sunday event. All participants must be registered pass final tech inspection prior to 12:00 noon Saturday. Cars will be allowed as many runs as possible within the time allowed by the road closure permit. Detailed information will be supplied at registration and results will be announced at the Driver's Meeting on Saturday night. You can do this exicting new "Shootout" for only $200.00. For those that have already entered the event and are interested in registering for the "High Noon Shootout", please contact Steve Waldman by email [email protected] or (702) 631-6166 or contact Gail Waldman at [email protected].

Click HERE for requirements.

For more information on becoming a Course Worker:

Click Here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINNING AT THE SILVER STATE

Your "How To" Instructions by Peter Marshall

(Click Here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accommodations for Silver State Classic Challenge Events

Back To

Silver State Classic Challenge

Copyright © 1997-20031 Silver State Classic, U S A . All Rights Reserved

:lol2:

Jeff lets try calling the Airfield "brownfield" or something that is in Otay Mesa or maybe palomar Aiport. Would they be interested??? , I can call the Guys from LTC to see If they have a hookup or something.

I am going to try and contact them, and see if somehow we can put together an event for only ourselves.

:icon_super: :icon_super: Thats the way to do it.

Jeff lets try calling the Airfield "brownfield" or something that is in Otay Mesa or maybe palomar Aiport. Would they be interested??? , I can call the Guys from LTC to see If they have a hookup or something.

Too small. How about LAX?

Too small. How about LAX?

That would work , I will chip in with my $200 for sure. :icon_mrgreen:

We can fly our cars to Sweden in a 747 and race them at Angelholms old airport where Koenigsegg have their facilities.