Larini on a 1994 Diablo VT

Giuseppe

I'm curious about the following :

- has anyone ordered from Larini ? Are they prompt ?

- has anyone installed a Larini muffler on their diablo ?

- Was the sound satisfactory ?

- were there fit issues ?

TIA,

G

Inmo, Larini is the WORST exhaust system for a lamborghini. it is basicly a complete set of bypass pipes. No mufflers, untuned. You could have any muffler shop fabricate this for a fraction of the cost.

Inmo, Larini is the WORST exhaust system for a lamborghini. it is basicly a complete set of bypass pipes. No mufflers, untuned. You could have any muffler shop fabricate this for a fraction of the cost.

Oh my god, I love the Larinis.

Oh my god, I love the Larinis.

Some people do, the sound that you get is that of straight pipes. Their muffler delete, is just that, straightpipes that completely delete the muffler. Any muffler shop can do that for you, and you will get the same sound for a few hundred dollars rather than 3K dollars.

Some people do, the sound that you get is that of straight pipes. Their muffler delete, is just that, straightpipes that completely delete the muffler. Any muffler shop can do that for you, and you will get the same sound for a few hundred dollars rather than 3K dollars.

Thank you for the info.

Allan, have you heard a Quick Silver on a Diablo? And if so, what is your take on that ?

Also, what is the best system for a Diablo (money being no object).

I am Looking for high pitched tuned (F1 style) sound.

Much appreciate the input.

JP

Thank you for the info.

Allan, have you heard a Quick Silver on a Diablo? And if so, what is your take on that ?

Also, what is the best system for a Diablo (money being no object).

I am Looking for high pitched tuned (F1 style) sound.

Much appreciate the input.

JP

I always prefered to do a custom system rather than purchasing a system. As for the best I have heard, on a Diablo it is no doubt the Alex from SP's Kreisigg system. I believe the headers and exhaust are something to the tune of 20K.

I would do a custom exhaust over the quicksilver.

I always prefered to do a custom system rather than purchasing a system. As for the best I have heard, on a Diablo it is no doubt the Alex from SP's Kreisigg system. I believe the headers and exhaust are something to the tune of 20K.

I would do a custom exhaust over the quicksilver.

Thank you Allan.

You've been very helpful.

Not necessary, all the bends and pipe diameters do make a difference. Corect me if I'm wrong.

Not necessary, all the bends and pipe diameters do make a difference. Corect me if I'm wrong.

Sameer, please.... Give up on the Larini stuff you have no idea what you are talking about. So you are corrected. The larini pipes follow the bends of the stock exhaust, just replacing muffler with straight pipe, and cats with straight pipe. The stuff is SHIT.

The stuff is SHIT.

I had tried to fit their by pass pipes to a friends SV a couple of years back (I mentioned it here), they were nice quality but weren't even close to fitting.

Sameer, please.... Give up on the Larini stuff you have no idea what you are talking about. So you are corrected. The larini pipes follow the bends of the stock exhaust, just replacing muffler with straight pipe, and cats with straight pipe. The stuff is SHIT.

My friend, I totally agree with you that you can custom make the pipes with a fraction of the cost BUT the reason I and a few other firends here who have the Larini on swear by it, because there is a noticeable difference comparing to the stock exhaust. We have not dyno our cars yet but I and a few guys here can confidently say that there is a power gain mid range upwards not forgetting better throttle response. This is the reason why we like it. Thats all. I'm pretty sure there might be better systems out there and to each is his own.

On fitment issues, mine and the other 3 guys here in Singapore whom had our Larinis fitted by the agent, was a direct straight forward bolt on. I dont gain anything from praising this product, just that it has worked for me.

My friend, I totally agree with you that you can custom make the pipes with a fraction of the cost BUT the reason I and a few other firends here who have the Larini on swear by it, because there is a noticeable difference comparing to the stock exhaust. We have not dyno our cars yet but I and a few guys here can confidently say that there is a power gain mid range upwards not forgetting better throttle response. This is the reason why we like it. Thats all. I'm pretty sure there might be better systems out there and to each is his own.

On fitment issues, mine and the other 3 guys here in Singapore whom had our Larinis fitted by the agent, was a direct straight forward bolt on. I dont gain anything from praising this product, just that it has worked for me.

Sameer, All Im saying is that you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to exhausts. Of course you had a power gain. First off, you deleted the rear muffler which weighs 100lbs! Second off, the muffler being gone, allows the car to breath better. THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME GAIN YOU WOULD SEE IF MIDAS MUFFLER DID THESE PIPES FOR YOU. What I am saying, is that for what Larini charges 3K dollars for, you can get EXACTLY the same gains for a few hundred dollars. They prey off of people exactly like you, the car gets louder, little bit quicker, little better throttle response, hence customer is happy. What customer does not know is with a real exhaust, ESPECIALLY IF YOU REMOVE THE CONVERTERS, you pick up ALOT more power, better sound, better throttle response etc, FOR THE SAME MONEY or close to it.

Sameer, All Im saying is that you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to exhausts. Of course you had a power gain. First off, you deleted the rear muffler which weighs 100lbs! Second off, the muffler being gone, allows the car to breath better. THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME GAIN YOU WOULD SEE IF MIDAS MUFFLER DID THESE PIPES FOR YOU. What I am saying, is that for what Larini charges 3K dollars for, you can get EXACTLY the same gains for a few hundred dollars. They prey off of people exactly like you, the car gets louder, little bit quicker, little better throttle response, hence customer is happy. What customer does not know is with a real exhaust, ESPECIALLY IF YOU REMOVE THE CONVERTERS, you pick up ALOT more power, better sound, better throttle response etc, FOR THE SAME MONEY or close to it.

Noted my friend. You are 100% correct. Tell me something, you mentioned "ESPECIALLY IF YOU REMOVE THE CONVERTERS". You speaking of the catalytic converters?

Noted my friend. You are 100% correct. Tell me something, you mentioned "ESPECIALLY IF YOU REMOVE THE CONVERTERS". You speaking of the catalytic converters?

Yes I am.

I have tried Quicksilver’s, Tubi’s and Larini's websites. Quicksilver offer straight pipes for the Diablo and Tubi offer a sports muffler.

Noticed that Larini have a range of sports mufflers for the Diablo and Murcielago. Has anyone tried one of these mufflers yet?

I also wonder if this will fit your car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-M-S-...sspagenameZWDVW

Hope that helps

I have tried Quicksilver’s, Tubi’s and Larini's websites. Quicksilver offer straight pipes for the Diablo and Tubi offer a sports muffler.

Noticed that Larini have a range of sports mufflers for the Diablo and Murcielago. Has anyone tried one of these mufflers yet?

I also wonder if this will fit your car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-M-S-...sspagenameZWDVW

Hope that helps

Thanks Gallardo boy for your info.

I doubt anything from a Murcie will fit my VT though.

Also, thanks Sameer for your opinions as well.

However, to me, Allan is God, and I respect his insights because he's been there done that more than I ever will.

I'm afraid to mess with the stock set up unless I have a sure bet formula for the sound I want. And it appears it's out there, in the form of $20k (and probably worth every penny).....but, a bit of a stretch for me.

Many thanks. I guess I have some thinking to do.

Allan,

A small correction, the Larini club sport exhaust costs about $1800 and not 3k. Thats how much we guys paid for it over here.

Allan,

A small correction, the Larini club sport exhaust costs about $1800 and not 3k. Thats how much we guys paid for it over here.

Over here it is $2,995, maybe its from the weak dollar?

Here is a friends '99 VT with Larini installed...I saw him the other day going down the street and it does sound better than stock but I would go with MS if it were my car.

Over here it is $2,995, maybe its from the weak dollar?

Here is a friends '99 VT with Larini installed...I saw him the other day going down the street and it does sound better than stock but I would go with MS if it were my car.

Cant really see the tailpipes and the car needs to be reved, nonetheless thanks for the video clip.

Cant really see the tailpipes and the car needs to be reved, nonetheless thanks for the video clip.

trying to do what I can :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen: