Arizona VS. Indiana

TheFilipinoStig

Hey,

I am 20 years old, and living at home in Indiana. Wanting to get outta the midwest, but still struggling with options...

I see alot of people on this board from Arizona. I am thinking of moving out there this winter for a career opportunity that pays more than the same career,(law enforcement), would here. Anyone move from the midwest move to the West-Coast or AZ in particular, and have any regrets?

Just looking for some insight from some level-headed people. AZ seems to be much more open-minded and growing vs. stale and plain Indiana.

I moved from Chicago to AZ 10 years ago and feel it was the best decision of my life.

Since then, the traffic has gotten worse as well as the heat. You are trading 6 months of bad weather in Indiana for 3 months of oppressive heat. Other pros: The women out here are gorgeous and well manicured. An Indiana 10 is a Scottsdale/Phoenix 6. Also, housing out here is a bit more affordable as well as state/property taxes. Id say the "standard of living" is far better -- you can be in a nice house here vis-a-vie in an apartment in the midwest.

Cons: Authentic midwest food and service is lacking. Also, stupid Vehicle License Tax is a pain for anyone that has expensive taste in cars.

Good luck!

AZ is great you'll love it. It's only 1 of 3 places i'll ever live, the other 2 NY or LA, having lived in LA for 10 years already and moving to AZ I don't miss much.

But the heat, oh. my. god. You'll never "get used to it" every year is as worse as the last.

Arizona is great. Even in the heat, its still an outdoors place. You simply adjust your routine.

You are close to skiing and the beach if you run out of things to do in the desert .

AZ is wonderful, March to beginning of June is wonderful, September to Beginning of November is perfect. Summer months are brutal. But the winter is still ok. Depends where in AZ you decide to live. You can go from nice weather down low to high in the mountains and ski in a single day. I'm in Tucson 5-6 weekends a year (still in college). Make sure you find a nice place wher you'll be able to have a social life as well.

I went there in May- and it was hot. Going there again in December... Which should be a major selling point.

Are there really as many roads out there, (west coast in general), that you can just FLY on- or are they fewer and further between than I think?

Anyone been on Pecos Road s. of Phoenix??

One thing you'll have to get used to is the crime out here. Coming from Michigan I take safety for granted. Lots of wacko's out here and we are on the front lines with Mexico. You aren't as quick to get into road rage as you never know who has a gun and people seem to be willing to throw their life away over stupid altercations.

Otherwise the winters are great.:D

One thing you'll have to get used to is the crime out here. Coming from Michigan I take safety for granted. Lots of wacko's out here and we are on the front lines with Mexico. You aren't as quick to get into road rage as you never know who has a gun and people seem to be willing to throw their life away over stupid altercations.

Otherwise the winters are great.:D

Are you serious? Really does depend on where you live. Road rage in AZ? Maybe in SoCal, but very little here. I feel incredibly safe in my community. Yes there are place I wouldnt go, just like every major city, but here itd no worse than there.

Are you serious? Really does depend on where you live. Road rage in AZ? Maybe in SoCal, but very little here. I feel incredibly safe in my community. Yes there are place I wouldnt go, just like every major city, but here itd no worse than there.

I live near Anthem. There has been one murder in my apartment complex in the last year. The nice houses to the east had a auto thief shoot at a guy who heard the comotion who stuck his head out the window. Down by scottsdale road mexicans dragged two elderly people into a wash after they robbed them and killed them. Baseline killer, serial shooters, rapeist( I think the last was in Tempe). Transients live all around as you can tell by the suitcases I find when I walk thru the field near me as well as sleep behind the grocery store in the bushes.

Phoenix is not a safe place to live. If I lived in a gated community I would think it would be ok. I think the Police are over whelmed with the amount of crime here. We are becoming more like mexico and their standard of living everyday. Life means little.

Coming from the mid west the crime was generally focused in the poor part of cities. Out here it is just as likely to be anywhere. Like I said gated community and you'd probably be fine.

AZ is great. The summer heat sucks ass, but the winters are nice. You will also find the hottest women in the whole USA here.

:iamwithstupid:

I love AZ. I've traveled all over the U.S. and have yet been anywhere else that makes me want to move. The summers in the desert can be brutal but that's why god created air conditioning. The northern part of the state is pretty much all ponderosa pine forrest and is at higher altitude so the weather is much milder.

I live near Anthem. There has been one murder in my apartment complex in the last year. The nice houses to the east had a auto thief shoot at a guy who heard the comotion who stuck his head out the window. Down by scottsdale road mexicans dragged two elderly people into a wash after they robbed them and killed them. Baseline killer, serial shooters, rapeist( I think the last was in Tempe). Transients live all around as you can tell by the suitcases I find when I walk thru the field near me as well as sleep behind the grocery store in the bushes.

Phoenix is not a safe place to live. If I lived in a gated community I would think it would be ok. I think the Police are over whelmed with the amount of crime here. We are becoming more like mexico and their standard of living everyday. Life means little.

Coming from the mid west the crime was generally focused in the poor part of cities. Out here it is just as likely to be anywhere. Like I said gated community and you'd probably be fine.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Dont hate on the Mexicans.

Why do all the trees on the west coast lean to the east? Because the midwest sucks so much :lol2:

hmmm, throw in Michigans tress leaning south due to Indiana sucking and we've found the cause :eusa_shhh:

but if you're stuck in Indy for now, apply to be a Fishers or Camrel PO, all you'll have to do is ride around and write tickets all day :lol2:

with zero crime, revenue has to come from somewhere :(

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. Lets say for instance, you buy property in an area that has a median household income of 60k. More than likely, you are going to be subjected to a lower class of person. Wealth however does not distinguish a persons behavior. I am poor as hell and I don't rob and kill people. Rich or poor, not all people are mentally stable if you know what I mean...

Its only as safe as you make it. Maybe if AZ taxed more, they could get extra money to fund some government services that will keep you safe (is that possible?). Then again, it is still a developing area, so give it some time.

As for a "mexican" committing a crime, well, mathematically, that makes a whole lot of sense...

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. Lets say for instance, you buy property in an area that has a median household income of 60k. More than likely, you are going to be subjected to a lower class of person. Wealth however does not distinguish a persons behavior. I am poor as hell and I don't rob and kill people. Rich or poor, not all people are mentally stable if you know what I mean...

Its only as safe as you make it. Maybe if AZ taxed more, they could get extra money to fund some government services that will keep you safe (is that possible?). Then again, it is still a developing area, so give it some time.

As for a "mexican" committing a crime, well, mathematically, that makes a whole lot of sense...

I'm not hating. After all I live here. This state could be vastly improved if they dealt with the crime and poor drivers. Culturally is is similar to Mexico with the amount of lawlessness they allow to go on.

The way they do it is to have the people who do yard work case homes and they must give this information to the home invaders.

Its just the reality of living in Arizona. I hear the northern part of the state isn't as bad but they have the meth problems still.

There are plenty of good Mexicans. We tend to get the illegal ones being so close to the border. They tend to be poor and desperate and bring that culture to the US.

There are plenty of good Mexicans. We tend to get the illegal ones being so close to the border. They tend to be poor and desperate and bring that culture to the US.

"That culture."

Come on dude...

So, the illegal ones are the bad ones. The legal ones are the good ones...

I've had it wrong this whole time :eusa_wall: !

you know, I was wrong,

YOU ARE fcuking IDIOT

your hatred of Mexicans hopefully sees you moving out of the same state as mine. Crime transcends all races.

you know, I was wrong,

YOU ARE fcuking IDIOT

your hatred of Mexicans hopefully sees you moving out of the same state as mine. Crime transcends all races.

At first, we weren't sure.

Yup, you ARE a fcuking idiot :lol2: .

One of my favorite quotes learned from LP, with a little twist:

"It is better to sit quite and be thought of as a fcuking idiot, then to speak and remove all doubt."

Sign off and turn on FOX news...

Culturally is is similar to Mexico with the amount of lawlessness they allow to go on.

Jew mus liv in a bad par of town ese.....

hmmm, throw in Michigans tress leaning south due to Indiana sucking and we've found the cause :eusa_shhh:

but if you're stuck in Indy for now, apply to be a Fishers or Camrel PO, all you'll have to do is ride around and write tickets all day :lol2:

with zero crime, revenue has to come from somewhere :(

Funny you say that... I actually LIVE in Carmel, and have applied to there and Fishers only. I have been a police explorer (cadet of sorts), for five years with Carmel PD, and it's starting to show it's 'flaws'. I traveled to AZ this Summer with my friend who was originally from Mesa/Gilbert area, and loved it. I never imagined moving out of Indiana, but here I am...

And I'm really not too bothered by the larger amount of Hispanics in the area - I just want a secured border. And I need to learn Spanish... NOW.

Indiana is humid and miserable in the Summer, cold and miserable in the Winter. We have a few good months (2-3) in Spring & Fall, and that's it.... AZ Seems to have twice that, if not more "desirable weather" months.