Arizona VS. Indiana

TheFilipinoStig

Funny you say that... I actually LIVE in Carmel, and have applied to there and Fishers only. I have been a police explorer (cadet of sorts), for five years with Carmel PD, and it's starting to show it's 'flaws'. I traveled to AZ this Summer with my friend who was originally from Mesa/Gilbert area, and loved it. I never imagined moving out of Indiana, but here I am...

And I'm really not too bothered by the larger amount of Hispanics in the area - I just want a secured border. And I need to learn Spanish... NOW.

Indiana is humid and miserable in the Summer, cold and miserable in the Winter. We have a few good months (2-3) in Spring & Fall, and that's it.... AZ Seems to have twice that, if not more "desirable weather" months.

the best advice I can give you is if you are young, ask yourself what you have to lose by moving. I have lived in mostly southern climates, including MEXICO(for 12 years), and the liveability of Arizona is off the charts. Hey, if you dont like it, move.

That is very true. Everyone I have talked to has either moved there or WANTS to move there (the west coast). I haven't run across anyone who has moved there from the midwest and regretted it. I'd be interested to hear those arguements...

you know, I was wrong,

YOU ARE fcuking IDIOT

your hatred of Mexicans hopefully sees you moving out of the same state as mine. Crime transcends all races.

Well at least we know who the moron is now.

"That culture."

Come on dude...

So, the illegal ones are the bad ones. The legal ones are the good ones...

I've had it wrong this whole time :eusa_wall: !

"That culture" is referring to the lawlessness that is common in Mexico.

They bring it with them when they cross the border illegally.

Mexico is a severely economically depressed country.

Top Carbon getting involved in :jerry: :jerry: ... I don't believe it!!

:iamwithstupid:

"That culture" is referring to the lawlessness that is common in Mexico.

They bring it with them when they cross the border illegally.

Mexico is a severely economically depressed country.

Well, lets just say that every race has its "good" and 'bad" members. I'll leave it at that.

:iamwithstupid:

Well, lets just say that every race has its "good" and 'bad" members. I'll leave it at that.

Agreed. If you lived in AZ you'd see on the news who commits the majority of the crime here. Every state is not the same. AZ has a problem.

• 2 years later...

Always loved it here with the exception of the hot summers but even then its still worth it. Been here almost 12 years.

Dude, you can't even compare Indiana to AZ. Seriously. It's like Southern California without the ocean and traffic (or at least less traffic) and a little lower cost of living (prop values are sick). You get used to the hot summers (everywhere's AC or misted zones anyways). For a young guy.........MOVE, and move close to the center of good places. Scottsdale (Phoenix's version of BH) Tempe (college town USA), Mesa (more of the same with a suburban flavor). Anywhere in the general vicinity of those areas and you will be happy you made the move. Only place better (IMO) would be to go all they way out west and settle in San Diego.

Dude, you can't even compare Indiana to AZ. Seriously. It's like Southern California without the ocean and traffic (or at least less traffic) and a little lower cost of living (prop values are sick). You get used to the hot summers (everywhere's AC or misted zones anyways). For a young guy.........MOVE, and move close to the center of good places. Scottsdale (Phoenix's version of BH) Tempe (college town USA), Mesa (more of the same with a suburban flavor). Anywhere in the general vicinity of those areas and you will be happy you made the move. Only place better (IMO) would be to go all they way out west and settle in San Diego.

AH! Resurrected thread!

I was going to move out there to pursue a job in law enforcement, which I later got turned down for. Glad I did. I'm now looking at completely different career paths, mainly just staying in school until I can figure out a major/career choice. Have a few things I want to do before I settle on a 9-5, if ever.

Thanks for the advice, though. Grad school/living might just happen out there. I loved SoCal, but it's very $. Scottsdale/Phoenix area has some awesome homes for a fraction of the price, and the women are killer. The heat and lack of ocean sucks though. Dry air isn't very fun.

Edited to add: This thread is so old, my username has changed! How time flies!

Hey,

I am 20 years old, and living at home in Indiana. Wanting to get outta the midwest, but still struggling with options...

I see alot of people on this board from Arizona. I am thinking of moving out there this winter for a career opportunity that pays more than the same career,(law enforcement), would here. Anyone move from the midwest move to the West-Coast or AZ in particular, and have any regrets?

Just looking for some insight from some level-headed people. AZ seems to be much more open-minded and growing vs. stale and plain Indiana.

Most people are open minded because everyone is from everywhere else.

You are young, do it.

My sister and brother in law went to AZ on a business trip. They had nice stable jobs and family in Indiana including both sets of parents, brother's sisters.

They immediately decided to move to AZ. My brother in law got a job first in IT and then my sister followed. Theyve been there over 12 years now and can't ever see themselves moving.

Parts of AZ are more open minded than the redneckery of IN. I lived in Indianapolis for 4 years so I know the city. In AZ there is still quite a bit of white trash, but they are more avoidable.

Despite the hot summers, the rest of the year you have great outdoor activities and

like other's have said, there are lots of hot women. Hot weather means less clothes. They aren't all fat like IN girls.

You should make the move and you won't regret it.

My sister and brother in law went to AZ on a business trip. They had nice stable jobs and family in Indiana including both sets of parents, brother's sisters.

They immediately decided to move to AZ. My brother in law got a job first in IT and then my sister followed. Theyve been there over 12 years now and can't ever see themselves moving.

Parts of AZ are more open minded than the redneckery of IN. I lived in Indianapolis for 4 years so I know the city. In AZ there is still quite a bit of white trash, but they are more avoidable.

Despite the hot summers, the rest of the year you have great outdoor activities and

like other's have said, there are lots of hot women. Hot weather means less clothes. They aren't all fat like IN girls.

You should make the move and you won't regret it.

Where in Indy were you?

I'm sort of stuck here now, living at home and going to college (cheap and saving money). Grad school and internship will get me out of here temporarily. I want to eventually be able to work wherever I want.

Where in Indy were you?

For a while I lived in the Canal and then for a short time I had some low rent digs off of 38th st because I was traveling then I was in midtown for a short time. I liked the canal area and of course broadripple.