Urraco on Ebay

Ray G

If you're going to buy a Uracco, the P300 is definitely the one to get. They tend to sell in the high $20ks. Let's see if it makes reserve.

Its a Uraco not Islero.

What the hell are you talking about. That's what I said!

Sorry, I've been all over the place looking at cars lately.

Speaking of which you spelled Urraco wrong.

I think they spelled it wrong at the factory. Scirocco has one r and two c's, so should Uracco. :icon_mrgreen:

Anybody ever smog one of these in California?

I dont think you have to worry. My Jalpa came from California and the smog pump and other things had been removed and it succeeded.

Worst case, you can detune the carb temporarily to pass.

Guest ralt12

Technically, that wouldn't work; the car wouldn't pass the visual inspection, which has to account for the car's smog equipment. That is just the first step in the registration/renewal bureaucracy. That's the reason I ended up without my Uracco--no smog equipment, and the $$ required to get it, at the time was too big of a bite relative to the car's worth. A great car, too, and it pisses me off to no end to see that they changed the regs a short while after it was out of the garage.

The DMV can be a bitch; it took six months to register a Laverda SFC 1000; you'd think it was a no brainer, but it was like registering a Klingon Warbird--if it's not in the computer, you've gotta find another way around.

So I guess my question is whether anyone has smogged a P300 Uracco, and what its smog equipment looks like relative to a P250. Different? Same?

Technically, that wouldn't work; the car wouldn't pass the visual inspection, which has to account for the car's smog equipment. That is just the first step in the registration/renewal bureaucracy. That's the reason I ended up without my Uracco--no smog equipment, and the $$ required to get it, at the time was too big of a bite relative to the car's worth. A great car, too, and it pisses me off to no end to see that they changed the regs a short while after it was out of the garage.

The DMV can be a bitch; it took six months to register a Laverda SFC 1000; you'd think it was a no brainer, but it was like registering a Klingon Warbird--if it's not in the computer, you've gotta find another way around.

So I guess my question is whether anyone has smogged a P300 Uracco, and what its smog equipment looks like relative to a P250. Different? Same?

I am not familiar with the visual inspection they do in Cali, but in AZ, the y stick a smog capture tube in the exhaust take a reading, print out the results and send you to the MDV. There, they look at the title, vin and ask for some money. Thats it.

I am not familiar with the visual inspection they do in Cali, but in AZ, the y stick a smog capture tube in the exhaust take a reading, print out the results and send you to the MDV. There, they look at the title, vin and ask for some money. Thats it.

Technically in AZ, they are supposed to check under the car for cats and under the hood for a smog pump. Sometimes you'll get lucky and they don't know what they are looking at, so they check off that the equipment was "inaccessible". Then, as long as the car passes the sniff test, you are ok. Jason, isn't your Jalpa registered under the collector car smog exemption? I would be shocked if it passed the IM smog test, especially without a smog pump.

As for this Urraco, CA buyers are screwed. Cars 1976 and older are exempt, but this one is a '77, so all rules apply. I doubt anyone will be able to get it registered there.

Why no engine pics ? Where are the engine pics ? How much effort does it take, to snap a pic of the engine ?

Nice looking car, from just the posted information. Without a lot of documents, it will be hard to verify the mileage. Unless of course, the interior is all original, and has virtually no wear. The color is sharp.

ralt12 - Can you register the car in another state ? Do you have family in another state ?

That car is not to far from me. If anyone is seriously interested I could go over there and take a look at it, and snap some detailed pictures. What do you guys think its worth if its a well sorted car?

That car is not to far from me. If anyone is seriously interested I could go over there and take a look at it, and snap some detailed pictures. What do you guys think its worth if its a well sorted car?

It depends.

What about the service documents, originality, mechanical and cosmetic condition, and # of owners etc...?

At 13K miles, does it have an unused original spare ?

Books, tools, and records ?

Any paintwork ?

The car is worth more money in Europe.

I do not know the value of the car. I suppose a P200/250 driver, starts at 15K ? This is advertised as a low mile P300.

Why no engine pics ? Where are the engine pics ? How much effort does it take, to snap a pic of the engine ?

I kept asking for pictures of the engine on this one, yet no one would help...

bentley_no_motor.JPG