Sport Auto Tested Nissan GT-R at N'ring

hsa8

Sportauto with the famous driver Horst has driven the new Skyline on N-ring.

*7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Nissan GT-R, 480 PS/1750 kg, Horst von Saurma, partially wet track (sport auto 12/07)*

Horst von Saurma, chief editor of sport auto magazine, completed about 100 kms with the new Nissan GT-R at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Best time he achieved was a 7:50 on a partiallly wet track especially at one of the key passages so called Kesselchen.

With all the electronic aids the handling is absolutely perfect, the driver doens´t feel how the drive-by-wire system really works as the GT-R stay on track like on rails, always has grip, doesn´t lose control, higly computerized and a perfect racer for the street. A time less than 7:40 is pretty much optimistic, 7:50 shows the true potential of the car. And when the price stays at the announced level, it is a real bargain.

Quoted from rennteam.com

So where is 7.35 ?????

Wet track. I dont believe it can get to 7.35 without ecu tweaking and race fuel, but I think it can break into the 7:40's possibly.

def 7:40s, HVS knows the NBR very well no question, but I doubt hes as fast as a nissan driver in their own car, is it possible? yes. does it matter? no, sub 8 mins is DAMN fast...past that, I personally don't care, I cant drive @ that level anyway.

def 7:40s, HVS knows the NBR very well no question, but I doubt hes as fast as a nissan driver in their own car, is it possible? yes. does it matter? no, sub 8 mins is DAMN fast...past that, I personally don't care, I cant drive @ that level anyway.

A pro driver can adapt to a car quite quickly. He would get much more out of it than a Nissan driver who doesn't know the ring as well.

Exactly as we suppossed. Perfect test, 5 laps, not a Nissan ringer with a Nissan driver doing 100+ laps and logging the times.

Bye bye GT-R myth, just like the Plastic mess-06 myth before it. When will the mfg's learn that you can't bullshit a bullshitter! :lol2:

now lets see if the GTR, weighing the same as an SLR and having 150ish hp less and 150ish ft-lbs less can match the SLR's times in the 1/4 the way Nissan claims.

anybody have any word if this car will eventually come with a 6spd? apparently this tranny cant hold all that much torque and the whole point of an FI engine is just that...increasing no?