Just Found Out How To Leave The Bat Wings Up

LamboJoe

very cool :icon_thumleft: :eusa_dance:

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

to reset to their closed position:

cycle the ignition 3 times...on the 3rd cycle depress the wing button and hold it until the wings return to their closed position...sometimes it takes 4 cycles and if you do not cycle the key quick enough you may need to start over.

I would not recommend driving over 150 MPH with the wings extended.

the wing motors jam in the up position after they have been extended for a while so keep that in mind.

Thank you. One of my friends left it up, he's also got the full Miura Corse kit so his car does look like a bt from hell! However I would

nt leave it up, rather leave it to decide for itself.

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

cycle the ignition 3 times...on the 3rd cycle depress the wing button and hold it until the wings return to their closed position...sometimes it takes 4 cycles and if you do not cycle the key quick enough you may need to start over.

the wing motors jam in the up position after they have been extended for a while so keep that in mind.

Let me get this right.... Leave the engine running, have someone hold down the button, then while the car is still running turn off the battery switch, release the button and the wings will remain up?

I was told that you shouldnt keep them up for a long period of time, any guesses on how long is too long? 1 month???

They are extremely fragile, just a light push will break the clip that holds them up. I don't recommend leaving them up.

Mine have been up since 4-1-07, I closed them for one day, didn't like it & put them back up again. They have never jammed either. Occasionally when detailing I'll cycle them down & get the rear spoiler up to clean under it. Then put them back up. Can't live without that bad ass aggressive look they give when open. Doug also keeps his open too & has no problems.

PROCEEDURE:

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the ignition key, then immediately turn off/disconnect the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

(You have to turn off the key before the battery, or I think the motor will keep running since while running the car gets voltage from the alternator. If you just turn off the battery, you are only testing the alternators operation).

Mine have been up since 4-1-07, I closed them for one day, didn't like it & put them back up again. They have never jammed either. Occasionally when detailing I'll cycle them down & get the rear spoiler up to clean under it. Then put them back up. Can't live without that bad ass aggressive look they give when open. Doug also keeps his open too & has no problems.

PROCEEDURE:

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the ignition key, then immediately turn off/disconnect the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

(You have to turn off the key before the battery, or I think the motor will keep running since while running the car gets voltage from the alternator. If you just turn off the battery, you are only testing the alternators operation).

cycle the ignition 3 times...on the 3rd cycle depress the wing button and hold it until the wings return to their closed position...sometimes it takes 4 cycles and if you do not cycle the key quick enough you may need to start over

How do you get the rear spoiler to go up ?

Russell

PROCEEDURE:

As I said, wait till someone slightly pushes on them.

As I said, wait till someone slightly pushes on them.

Then I will slightly push them off a cliff (or nearest tall building as I am in Fl).

No one gets that close anyway, and if it did happen, then I'll get it fixed. I like them up way too much to worry about a repair that will likely never occur.

Then I will slightly push them off a cliff (or nearest tall building as I am in Fl).

No one gets that close anyway, and if it did happen, then I'll get it fixed. I like them up way too much to worry about a repair that will likely never occur.

Sounds good, but everyone ive known who left them up, broke them....repeatedly.

Sounds good, but everyone I've known who left them up, broke them....repeatedly.

Out of curiosity, I have attached a pdf file of the air intakes. Can you identify the clip that breaks. It might not be a big deal to fix depending on accessibility

Batwing_exploded_view.pdf

Out of curiosity, I have attached a pdf file of the air intakes. Can you identify the clip that breaks. It might not be a big deal to fix depending on accessibility

I dont think it is any of the ones noted. Just go push down on it with your finger and find the one that breaks. :icon_mrgreen:

I dont think it is any of the ones noted. Just go push down on it with your finger and find the one that breaks. :icon_mrgreen:

lol it looks bad ass with the wings up :icon_super: , i'll take my chances.

Let me get this right.... Leave the engine running, have someone hold down the button, then while the car is still running turn off the battery switch, release the button and the wings will remain up?

I was told that you shouldnt keep them up for a long period of time, any guesses on how long is too long? 1 month???

no when they are fully extended, make sure engine bonnet is open, reach inside turn of the car, move quickly and turn off the battery switch, if they are not fully extended a light will stay on the dash, to bring them down, cycle the key 3 times without turning the car on, push and hold the wing button and they will come down, tried last night and all this works. :headbang:

PROCEEDURE:

I'm curious too... how do you get the rear spoiler up?

Did it this morning, it looks sweeeeeeeeeeet!

You sure it is up to 150mph is ok to have it up?

Hit 130 this morning and totally forgot about the wings...

my lambo mechanic said it was ok, but if you want to hit 180-200 put them down, I think when they are on auto they go down by themselves not to create drag.

in the summer time when they were on auto I was doing 140 and they were still up.

Joey

How do you get the rear spoiler to go up ?

I have to find the procedure. Its something like, holding the wings button down & then turn the key on. Both the wings & spoiler begin to cycle (a partial cycle), then they stop. You repeat this until its up all the way. I'll post it when I find it.

Edit: Found it, here it is: The Big Book on How to Raise the Rear Spoiler

fyi-Look at FLHOMESITE's posts

• 4 weeks later...

When doing this procedure and turning off the battery switch, does this erase any of the radio codes or anything like that? I don't have my factory radio codes and would not want to erase them and go through a huge hassle to get them.

The reason I asked i when I disconnected my battery and such in my porsche, it always re-set the radio codes and I had to manually input them back n for Nav & Radio to work.

*** Edit - Never-mind, I answered my own question. Just did the procedure and no codes were erased. Wings look SO much better in the up position!

When doing this procedure and turning off the battery switch, does this erase any of the radio codes or anything like that? I don't have my factory radio codes and would not want to erase them and go through a huge hassle to get them.

The reason I asked i when I disconnected my battery and such in my porsche, it always re-set the radio codes and I had to manually input them back n for Nav & Radio to work.

*** Edit - Never-mind, I answered my own question. Just did the procedure and no codes were erased. Wings look SO much better in the up position!

:D

:zthread needs pics:

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

• 4 weeks later...

side note, just remember by keeping them up you slow your car passed 59 MPH. this is because of air friction...

Not a good idea if you want to race someone...

• 2 weeks later...
side note, just remember by keeping them up you slow your car passed 59 MPH. this is because of air friction...

Not a good idea if you want to race someone...

Even if you lost you'd still look bad a** doing so! :D