Nice sound....

ostoneman

I like this sound better...

The car in this video is a 4 liter "S" with 45DCOE and factory sport exhaust.

That car @ 8,000 RPM is a great sound!

This has probably been discussed, but the revving sound in the Van Halen song "Panama" is supposedly Eddie's Countach revving.

Best sound ever!

thats a carb ferrari BB512 in the sound track. not a Countach. its been discussed before. only a very short chase scene in the movie has the real exhaust note of the Lambo in it. the rest are all overdubs to speed the process.

just FYI.

thats a carb ferrari BB512 in the sound track. not a Countach. its been discussed before. only a very short chase scene in the movie has the real exhaust note of the Lambo in it. the rest are all overdubs to speed the process.

just FYI.

I remember that being discussed before and DO NOT believe it.

I think it was a rumor started by a Ferrari guy with door envy!

Somthing "being discussed here" has about as much fact in it as a Lambo for sale on ebay.

It can only be proved by the sound editor form the movie who I doubt is a member here.

I remember that being discussed before and DO NOT believe it.

I think it was a rumor started by a Ferrari guy with door envy!

Somthing "being discussed here" has about as much fact in it as a Lambo for sale on ebay.

It can only be proved by the sound editor form the movie who I doubt is a member here.

ok.

it was just a FYI.

one of the Mods here stated that in a thread with YouTube " CannonBall Run " clips that the sounds were a carb BB512.

given the crap that has been going on on F Chat, i would tend to believe a known member here over some new guy over there.

no big deal.

cool thread though.

ok.

it was just a FYI.

one of the Mods here stated that in a thread with YouTube " CannonBall Run " clips that the sounds were a carb BB512.

given the crap that has been going on on F Chat, i would tend to believe a known member here over some new guy over there.

no big deal.

cool thread though.

Oh for sure, and I did not mean anything toward you about it.

I remember seeing that also and did not want to argue about it on a "Ferrari Forum"

Since I own and have owned a few of that same car in Cannonball Run I can tell you that the sound DOES come from that car.

Nice rumor for the Ferrari guys to start though "hey that dream car of yours from that movie is a Ferrari" Nice try F-guys :lol2: .

Both cars are Italian 12 cylinder carbed engines and yes they have almost the same sound but that car had a custom 12 tailpipe exhaust so it is a bit different.

As a matter of fact if you watch just the beginning of this video

you can see that they used the raw footage without the original music over it ... listen to the engine.

PS: forget the red car that is a QV and then a kit car after that.

And this one that has almost all the scenes in (watch past the opening)

By the way there are a number of 512BB on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4ASWb_mN4 and none of them HOWL like a LP400 motor.

post-5766-1196978301_thumb.jpg

Oh for sure, and I did not mean anything toward you about it.

I remember seeing that also and did not want to argue about it on a "Ferrari Forum"

Since I own and have owned a few of that same car in Cannonball Run I can tell you that the sound DOES come from that car.

Nice rumor for the Ferrari guys to start though "hey that dream car of yours from that movie is a Ferrari" Nice try F-guys :lol2: .

Both cars are Italian 12 cylinder carbed engines and yes they have almost the same sound but that car had a custom 12 tailpipe exhaust so it is a bit different.

As a matter of fact if you watch just the beginning of this video

you can see that they used the raw footage without the original music over it ... listen to the engine.

PS: forget the red car that is a QV and then a kit car after that.

And this one that has almost all the scenes in (watch past the opening)

By the way there are a number of 512BB on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4ASWb_mN4 and none of then HOWL like a LP400 motor.

great links! thank you. i have never seen or heard a carb C/T, and only recently this year was able to drive a local friends recently acquired 85 2V injected car. i love em all and want to have a few more cars before all the damn oil is gone! :icon_mrgreen:

I would pretty much bet my life they didn't bother to replace the sound of the countach with the boxer...

when the the car shifts or is revved between gear changes you can see it blow oil out the exhaust... crazy Italian

valve guides maybe? Anyway if you listen to the commentary from the producers on the DVD they make some

interesting comments and kind of allude to how they didn't have time or budget to worry about little nonsense things

like this. Love the sound, that's for sure.