R8 V2 TDI (video)

lambornima

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry, that wing if anything BUT rice. its THATS rice, so is a countach or diablo or murcielago or gallardo wing.

the R8 has received bad praise on this website for the longest time. kinda like the SLR when it came out.

the R8 has received bad praise on this website for the longest time. kinda like the SLR when it came out.

the SLR does not do anything for me in the looks department...

the SLR does not do anything for me in the looks department...

not talkin about that.

im talking about how everyone said that a luxury, front-mid engined mercedes "supercar", with an automatic transmission,leather and the whole lot, "sucks". now the thing has its own subforum.

now you saying this "sucks", without even having seen a magazine review, let alone input from someone who has driven it on a test drive (or driven it yourself)

this diesel has been pwning the shit out of lemans for two years now. im sure Audi know what they are doing.

as for the looks, well, it doesnt look like the TT anymore, which was the main reason people on this forum said they did not like it. (though Id bet the real reason was because they thought it was trudging into Gallardo territory).

I mean, we have seen what wonders 575 ft-lbs of torque does in the SLR which weighs 3800 lbs. and we have seen that it can get a 4500 lbs SL65 moving VERY quickly. Id like to see what 738 ft-lbs (which is the same as the SL65) in a car that weighs 3700 lbs can do.

not talkin about that.

im talking about how everyone said that a luxury, front-mid engined mercedes "supercar", with an automatic transmission,leather and the whole lot, "sucks". now the thing has its own subforum.

it has a subforum because we have some members with slr's, including our own Allan...

now you saying this "sucks", without even having seen a magazine review, let alone input from someone who has driven it on a test drive (or driven it yourself)

this diesel has been pwning the shit out of lemans for two years now. im sure Audi know what they are doing.

i do not need a magazine review... it may be the best handling car in the world... but it's Ugly and It's Diesel...so yes it will be a torq monster low revving engine....oh yes and a Audi ( i do love the RS4,6 etc.. :icon_thumleft: )

as for the looks, well, it doesnt look like the TT anymore, which was the main reason people on this forum said they did not like it. (though Id bet the real reason was because they thought it was trudging into Gallardo territory).

i couldn't care less if the car beat a gallardo on a track....and be cautious because i bet that your bet on the "real" reason is wrong....

I mean, we have seen what wonders 575 ft-lbs of torque does in the SLR which weighs 3800 lbs. and we have seen that it can get a 4500 lbs SL65 moving VERY quickly. Id like to see what 738 ft-lbs (which is the same as the SL65) in a car that weighs 3700 lbs can do.

with all honestly and respect i don't give a fcuk :icon_thumleft:

Guess I'm in the minority on here, but I love modern European diesels. I like this, but I liked the look of the original R8 better.

More info on the new engine:

Audi is presenting a revolution in the top class at the Detroit Auto Show 2008 – the first 12-cylinder diesel engine in a high-performance roadgoing sports car. The V12 TDI with a displacement of six liters powers a concept car based on the Audi R8. This unit generates a huge 500 hp and 1,000 Newton-meters (737.56 lb-ft) of torque. Audi is writing a new chapter in diesel technology with this power unit. Equipped with the expertise that Audi has built up through its motor sport activities, the R8 V12 TDI in matt "Grace Silver" embodies superb road handling, pioneering technology and fascinating design.

The V12 TDI is closely related to the engine in the Audi R10, the two-time Le Mans winner – so it catapults the Audi R8 into supercar terrain concerning performance too. It sprints from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 4.2 seconds and its top speed is well over 300 km/h (186.41 mph). The peak torque, reached at only 1,750 rpm, paves the way for effortless acceleration that is unrivaled even at this level.

The new V12 TDI belongs to Audi's family of V engines but has the ideal included angle for this engine type of 60 degrees between cylinder banks. Its highlights include the new chain drive layout that includes the two newly developed high-pressure pumps for the common rail injection system.

Its sound is as thrilling as you'd expect in a sports car of this caliber. For all the subtle smoothness that typifies this design principle, the twelve-cylinder unit is full-bodied and equipped with energetic overtones that make no secret of its performance potential

http://www.audiworld.com/news/08/aud...anding-torque/

you could drive it backwards and people would not know if you were coming or going.

Rims suck

Wing sucks

+1

in a couple of years, no one will remember this car...

Love that car I would definitely buy one, unfortunately where I live they will more likely be $400k or close to it and that will sort of ruin it for me :icon_mrgreen:

Can you imagine that torque?

It is not nor will ever be a Lambo but on its own merits it sounds outstanding, I congratulate Audi for having the balls to go for it, diesel engine in a sports car!

I know some people don't like the idea of the diesel engine, you have to experience it to be able to judge it.

I think it will be faster than they claiming.