De993...

Tony Ierardi

I will let you know. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

ps.

Thanks for editing your post :icon_thumleft:

:rant: Damn. Sniper bids got it. Hopefully another will come up someday. It went for $1500. It was sitting around $200 for several days and then shot up at the last minute. I just hope it is actually going into a car that was intended to have it and not just in someones trophy case! I wonder if anyone here got it?

BTW thanks again for the heads up!!

It was a speedometer. I thought it would go higher, I bid on it also.

I thought it would have hit $2,000.

Two bidders came in at the end with the same bid of $1,500.

It would have been interesting to see if they went at it sooner.

It was an NOS 320 Km/h Stewart Warner Stage 3 Speedo used in all LP400 and the first 27 Series One Countach S.

One of the hardest parts to locate for these cars.

The later Jager gauges have plastic speed indicator needles that curl up toward the glass with heat & age.

The SW gauges have metal needles that stay perfect.

Here is a picture of the one in my car.

;)

post-5766-1202251790_thumb.jpg

they can't even get $75K for an entire car on eBay and they are getting upwards of $1,500. for a (albeit rare) speedo :eusa_wall:

thinking about dismantling my car piece by piece and bringing in Reventon money on parts sales :icon_super: :icon_mrgreen:

Believe it or not, I know a guy who has a COMPLETE set of those gauges sitting in his den, brand new and in the original boxes.

they can't even get $75K for an entire car on eBay and they are getting upwards of $1,500. for a (albeit rare) speedo :eusa_wall:

thinking about dismantling my car piece by piece and bringing in Reventon money on parts sales :icon_super: :icon_mrgreen:

That car on ebay for $75K may be all it's worth but that speedo goes into cars that are worth $200 - $500K.

De993's car is missing that speedo, they needed it to make the car complete if they restore it.

I guess someone needed or wanted it more.

Believe it or not, I know a guy who has a COMPLETE set of those gauges sitting in his den, brand new and in the original boxes.

In Tampa?

I would say that's about $7,500 worth of gauges.

In Tampa?

I would say that's about $7,500 worth of gauges.

Nope. You should see some of the NOS parts the guy has in his house, lp400 roof, doors, glass, 1/4 panels, rear decklid, interior parts, etc... All from lamborghini over the last 3 years, but only because of Balbonis help. He said the parts were buried in the factory and only Balmoni knew where the stuff was...

Wow

My gauge is worth that much? Cool!

Two bidders came in at the end with the same bid of $1,500.

It would have been interesting to see if they went at it sooner.

It was an NOS 320 Km/h Stewart Warner Stage 3 Speedo used in all LP400 and the first 27 Series One Countach S.

One of the hardest parts to locate for these cars.

The later Jager gauges have plastic speed indicator needles that curl up toward the glass with heat & age.

The SW gauges have metal needles that stay perfect.

Here is a picture of the one in my car.

;)

so you are sayng i did not win with my 200 $ bid?.....LOL

i did not thought it could go over 1000$, i am very surprised

how much do you think a moody wing and an original LP400S manual signed by Stanzani is worth Tony?

I got a speedo for my 84 CT off US e bay three years ago for 200$ :eusa_dance:

I have it just as a spare, it has 6000 km on it.

well done Terry, a good deal

it is to say, as rightly said by Tony, the jaeger speedo is not as expensive as the RARE SW

:rant: Damn. Sniper bids got it. Hopefully another will come up someday. It went for $1500. It was sitting around $200 for several days and then shot up at the last minute. I just hope it is actually going into a car that was intended to have it and not just in someones trophy case! I wonder if anyone here got it?

BTW thanks again for the heads up!!

The winner was racinwhit = white racing = miura_parts ???

This guy is a reseller. He bought alot of Lambo parts years ago and sells them on ebay all the time.

Sometimes at real prices sometimes at crazy prices.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

The winner was racinwhit = white racing = miura_parts ???

;)

Tony,

There were a number of us Countach owners watching it, so not much of a secret.

Seller stated "New in Box". What were the 88 klm showing on it, test miles at SW?

Ralph

so you are sayng i did not win with my 200 $ bid?.....LOL

i did not thought it could go over 1000$, i am very surprised

how much do you think a moody wing and an original LP400S manual signed by Stanzani is worth Tony?

It depends on the wing... the "moody" name is not a type of wing but all wings as Joe can elaberate on.

If it is a early adjustable no side plate wing like on my car....I would say $3,000 - $5,000.

The manual I'm not sure on value.

Tony,

There were a number of us Countach owners watching it, so not much of a secret.

Seller stated "New in Box". What were the 88 klm showing on it, test miles at SW?

Ralph

Who said it was a secret?

The seller did not know the history of the gauge or the box.

If you look at the SW box it said "0-160" on it.

The gauge in that box came out of a Countach LP400 or very early "S" with 88 KM and a 160MPH SW gauge was installed in the car here in the states.

Then the original was put in the "160 box" and put on a shelf and forgoten about for the past 30 odd years.

Who said it was a secret?

The seller did not know the history of the gauge or the box.

If you look at the SW box it said "0-160" on it.

The gauge in that box came out of a Countach LP400 or very early "S" with 88 KM and a 160MPH SW gauge was installed in the car here in the states.

Then the original was put in the "160 box" and put on a shelf and forgoten about for the past 30 odd years.

Thanks Tony ,

I pay little attention to boxes so I did not read it in detail. Other than it was a stage III box.

Are all of De993's gauges changed or just the speedo? I have run across some of the others in the past.

Ralph

Thanks Tony ,

I pay little attention to boxes so I did not read it in detail. Other than it was a stage III box.

Are all of De993's gauges changed or just the speedo? I have run across some of the others in the past.

Ralph

Happy to help,

All the others are factory... just the speedo was changed.

post-5766-1202336405_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1202336411_thumb.jpg