Does Lamborghini make a special freeway gear for the Countach ?

ralfabco

- A factory tall freeway gear, that is sold thru Lamborghini parts.

Anybody know ?

Anybody know ?

I would think if they did it would have come stock on the late U.S. cars? My M3 that was made about the same time as the U.S. Countaches has a different ("freeway") 5th than its euro brothers, I guess for EPA reasons? From what I can tell the Countach is just a regular 5th.

Why would you want one? Drivability?

Anybody know ?

i do think no, Ralph

why?

p.s. S1 ratios are very short!

Ralph - let me guess...you are trying to get better gas mileage when you are cruising above 150 mph? :icon_mrgreen:

Why ?

To drive fasssst - I would like to see it approach 180 mph ?

Ralph - let me guess...you are trying to get better gas mileage when you are cruising above 150 mph? :icon_mrgreen:

Speaking of which.... Has anybody ever CALCULATED MPG at speed? I saw a local TV show once circa 1986 that said the countach got about 10MPG at 55 MPH..... But that increased to about 30 MPG at 150.

Speaking of which.... Has anybody ever CALCULATED MPG at speed? I saw a local TV show once circa 1986 that said the countach got about 10MPG at 55 MPH..... But that increased to about 30 MPG at 150.

I was spoofing, but it does make sense!

perfect...I will tell the cops that I am doing my part for the environment, burning less fuel, when I explain what I was doing at 170mph! :eusa_naughty:

My 80 car got 17 mpg at 70 mph, I was amazed.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 *6*2*5*7

In the later cars Lambo made a different gear set in the trans, which actually gave a lower top speed, but better acceleration.

By then the Countach had gotten SO FAT and heavy, they had to do something.

Chadbourn Bolles

Anybody know ?

Can't comment on the milage at 150, cause I have never been brave enough to go there on older tires. BUT .... 10 MPG @ 55 MPH???? Unless my calculator went totally nutso, the worst mileage I have ever gotten in my "87" FI at freeway speeds and cruising (65 to 70 MPH) was 14 MPG. Typical seems to be around 16 MPG and if I really baby it and use the throttle as though there is an egg under it just waiting to get broken, I have gotten as high as 18 MPG in very cold weather conditions. If they only got 10 MPG, I would suppose they must just enjoy driving a performance oriented vehicle, and the thrills must outway seeing how much fuel one has burnt while testing the global warming theory!!

Why ?

To drive fasssst - I would like to see it approach 180 mph ?

with standard ratios the car won't approach 180, even with longer gears i think it wont happen

the S1 has too much drag and tyres on the road VS the slightly lighter LP

LP400 has long gears and best LP were so close to 300 Km/h, but the S cars are better with the short gear to have some fun on twisty road IMO

I'm sure the carbed cars are worse on gas. Mine sucks it hard. Teens? HA!

I observed about 3 mpg at a sustained 150-160 mph over 100 miles (emptied a full tank).

:eusa_naughty: I think you've got some 'splainin' to do

I'll bet you looked like this... :eek3dance: